Holt's Book

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

Ariadne

Holt's Book

Post by Ariadne »

I noticed that Nick had started reading Dr. Holt's ELEPHANT'S MYSTERY
I had the pleasure and honor of being taught by Dr. Holt. He was amazing and knew SO much about Alexander. I recommend the book.
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Holt's Book

Post by marcus »

Hi Ariadne.I read Holt's book as soon as it came out and I thought it was superb. I have already sent Nick a review for the books section but he hasn't had a chance to put it up, yet.I was so enthused I also posted a review of the book on Amazon... and I don't do *that* very often.All the bestMArcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

Marcus
I shall pass on the wonderful comments you made to him. It's great to hear! He was an awesome teacher
Ari
DimitroisPoliorketes

Post by DimitroisPoliorketes »

I agree HOLT's is great.Holt is a man who can think for himself.While Holt agrees that Tarn may have been a over romantic Victorian in his writings about Alexander he rightfully critisizes the Badian camp who's desiples include Bosworth ,Borza and Worthington who wish for portray Alexander as a Orwellian tyrant. Holt rightfully condems the new Orthodoxy began by Badian which went way off to the other extreme from Tarn.