RE: Help, Marcus! re that Alexander book from Sources

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

ruthaki
Strategos (general)

RE: Help, Marcus! re that Alexander book from Sources

Post by ruthaki »

Hi Marcus, I need to find out what was that other book you recommended over the one I mentioned (that compares the Primary Sources to the Seconday).
I see the posting is gone and I can't find where I wrote the title down.
And also, my friend just informed me they have a copy of the Alexander, historical sources by Heckel. I thought that was the one but I guess it isn't. Your astute advice would be appreciated. Thanks. ruth
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: RE: Help, Marcus! re that Alexander book from Sources

Post by marcus »

Blimey, Ruth, you're asking me to remember something from over a week ago... I'm not sure my brain holds information for that long. :-)But I think it was the Heckel book? This was when we were discussing the Worthington "Reader", yes? If this is what you're referring to, then I can't for the life of me remember what the exact title is. (If it isn't what you're referring to, of course, then I'm a chump!).Is that any help?All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

Brain drain,yup that's me too. Yes actually I was sure it was the Heckel book but wanted to verify. My friend works at the university book store and says they have one copy in stock, so I am thinking I s hould buy it. I've also purchased the Worthington one. Thanks for your help, Ruth
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

I'm glad we were thinking along the same lines, Ruth!I haven't seen the Heckel book myself, yet. I popped into a decent bookshop yesterday but it wasn't on the shelf... but it is on my Amazon wishlist, so hopfully one of my friends or family will take the plunge...All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

My friend will borrow it from the bookstore for me to take a look at. She says I might not want to buy it, but it sounds pretty interesting. I'll let you know once I see it. ruth