Alexander the Great is Moving Down Under

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

Tre

Alexander the Great is Moving Down Under

Post by Tre »

Alexander the Great is Moving Down Under Following a wave of suicide attacks that killed 41 civilians last week in Casablanca, producer Dino De Laurentiis plans to move the production of Baz Luhrmann's biopic Alexander the Great to Australia, reports Variety.De Laurentiis, who built a studio to house "Alexander" in Ouarzazate, less than 300 miles from Casablanca, has decided the political conditions are too precarious."Unless the situation changes in five or six months," De Laurentiis said, "any important American actor could be a target. That is a risk I cannot take."De Laurentiis, who is in pre-production on "Alexander," said Luhrmann expects to start shooting digital footage in November and begin rehearsals with Leonardo DiCaprio, who stars, in January.
karen
Hetairos (companion)

Down Under, and Stone's script

Post by karen »

Hi all:
Can't blame di Laurentis for this move. What else can he do?
Meanwhile, I went to the link that has bits of the Oliver Stone script -- they're intended for actors who want to audition for parts in the movie -- and ordered a couple to download... they're cheap! I got Hephaistion and Kleitos, and the Kleitos one is, not surprisingly, the argument leading up to his death. And at one point, Kleitos yells, "Never... would your father have taken savages as friends, made one his Queen..."
But Alexander didn't marry Roxane, or anyone for that matter, until after Kleitos's death.
I hope they do make corrections...The link is: http://www.showfax.com/sides_2/ny/featu ... /role.html Love & peace,
Karen
jan
Strategos (general)

Re: Down Under, and Stone's script

Post by jan »

I am certainly glad that you posted this message. It makes sense now to me why Saudia Arabia and Morocco were the scenes of terrorism in one single week. Sounds like Casablanca to me, Play It Again Sam (Sports)!
jan
Strategos (general)

Re: Down Under, and Stone's script

Post by jan »

Tre, I just found a reference to your name on the About site while going to some of the links provided under royalty. nu.To me, Saudia Arabia, and Morocco spell out SAM.Thanks to you I now know that the film team was 300 miles from the base.That is important to me as when you read Manfredi's book, Aristotle takes his finger and strokes Alexander's cheek. I suppose Aristotle might have said, " I like your skin. It is so soft."Do you suppose that Aristotle could have fallen in love with Alexander?Yours sincerely,Jan