Happy birthday ! Time machine?

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

susa

No fun at all

Post by susa »

NickI don't see what 'great fun' that could be.Susa
nick
Somatophylax

Re: No fun at all

Post by nick »

Sorry - I would have great fun being 'close' to Alexander. (Nothing 'special', just enjoying the company.)Regards -
Nick
nick
Somatophylax

Re: Siwah to Alexandria

Post by nick »

Hi Manny -How good to hear from you. It has been for a long time, hasn't it. Thanks for your inspiring itenary. And yes, I think Alexander made a short tour down the Nile. Can't remember which source - should check.Regards -
Nick
nick
Somatophylax

Re: Happy birthday ! Time machine?

Post by nick »

Thank you Sandra, I will book you for the 330 BC tour of Bessus' and Philotas' trails. (Auch! - interesting choice!)Regards -
Nick
geo

Post by geo »

Hey Nick, that's a great idea I would like to go back to June 323 to see if ATG was poisoned or died of the mosquito bite. if he were poisoned who, when, and why? I think we all would be shockingly suprised!All the best,George
John

Post by John »

All five extant sources mention the same individual for the "possible" assassination: Cassander's brother Iolaus - the same person who's tomb Olympias knocked over for vengeance.John
Musing

Post by Musing »

Hmm, 4 days before and 3 days after Philip's wedding feast;
4 days before and 3 days after Philip's death;
the week before Hephaestion's death, and the the week after the fall of Tyre.
Maciek

Post by Maciek »

Hi Nick again!Maybe this event what I choosed is not so well known so I will choose second very interesting event exept all the battels. That is Kleistos death. I'd like to spend two weeks when whey where sopped in Marakanda and see how it was with the Kleistos. Why really Alexander killed him.macm