Tomb Raider-The Cradle of Life & ATG??

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

gahauser
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Tomb Raider-The Cradle of Life & ATG??

Post by gahauser »

I received a call from my sister-in-law who was at a theme park last week in Ohio. In front of the Paramount movie theatre there was--- an enormous statue of ATG. ?? Sure enough on the web-site for Tomb Raider II it states they feature a temple (Luna Temple) built by ATG...
Zoiks!! Am I out of the loop? Anyone hear about this one? Or is it old news?
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Tomb Raider-The Cradle of Life & ATG??

Post by marcus »

I bought one of the movie magazines the other day, which had a long article about TR2. I turned the page and... there was Ms Jolie, in a very fetching wet suit, standing next to a giant statue of Alexander. "Well well," I thought, "I didn't really need another reason to go and see the film, but here's one, anyway... 'twill be interesting to see where and how they are fitting him in."I am fully expecting anything they have to say about Alexander to be complete rubbish (hey, even John Huston fouled up in "The Man Who Would Be King"), but I don't really care about that.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
ScottOden
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by ScottOden »

Hi All,Yeah, 'rubbish' is mild compared to what I said when I heard about the ATG scenes. This so-called Luna Temple is on the island of Santorini -- beneath it, to be specific -- founded by ATG during a visit to the island, then swallowed by the sea. They had to fit Angelina in a wet suit somewhere, I guess. To me, this ranks right up there with the part in Brendan Frasier's 'The Mummy' when the show Thebes at the foot of the Great Pyramid :)
Thalestris

Post by Thalestris »

What magazine shows this statue? Is the statue visible on the movie's billboard poster? Alexander is certainly being resurrected by 21st century tabloid-dom.Cheers!
Nicator
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Nicator »

I remember that scene of course. My feelings at the time were, wow there's Thebes for grassy central Greece...apparently being shown as a baron desert. Then after looking at some maps of Egypt I came across ancient Thebes in Egypt. So, I guess there are two Thebes. But neither one is at the base of the Pyramids.later Nicator
Later Nicator

Thus, rain sodden and soaked, under darkness cloaked,
Alexander began, his grand plan, invoked...

The Epic of Alexander