In Search of ATG Video

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Thalestris-Alexandros

In Search of ATG Video

Post by Thalestris-Alexandros »

Greetings Companions!I posted this inquiry one year ago, and I am inquiring again: I am in search of the 1982 PBS/BBC broadcast of an ATG series (title I do not recall), starring Nicolas Clay as ATG, and other star British actors who portrayed key characters of ATG's life. Does anyone know of it, and if so, where I can obtain it? I recorded back in 1982 but the VHS tape tore a year later, and I've been searching for it since. Just like "Child of Fire", the series I am in search of is elusive.Demetrios! I am returning your "Child of Fire" tomorrow. Efharisto! I *truly* want to see the 4-part series you say you have---it may be the Nicolas Clay version. But I agree with you--"Child of Fire" IS THE BEST I've seen in the two decades of my *fascination of ATG*
Amazon Queen
D.HATGISTAVROU

Re: In Search of ATG Video

Post by D.HATGISTAVROU »

HI THALESTRIS, I'M GLAD THAT YOU ENJOYED "CHILD OF FIRE". IT IS VERY WELL DONE. I ALSO HAVE THE VIDEO "IN SEARCH OF ALEXANDER" WHICH STARS NICHOLAS CLAY. WHEN I SEE YOU SUNDAY ,WE CAN DISCUSS HOW WE CAN GET COPIES TO YOU. REGARDS, DIMITRIOS
Thalestris-Alexandros

Post by Thalestris-Alexandros »

[Mouth dropped open and eyes wide, grinning] I have not seen that series since 1982, and I have searched everywhere for it to no avail. You are in possession of what I would say the Holy Grail of ATG videos. How did you obtain it? In great earnestness I would like to behold the series once again to celebrate my twenty-plus-one anniversary of my mania-obsession with ATG. I look forward to the series and to your comments regarding the chapter I shared with you.Efharisto,ATG's Amazon Queen
rochelle

Post by rochelle »

Have you checked the British Film Institute (Bfi)? When I was an author's researcher, I found they had a good archive of videos of televised programmes, stretching back quite some time. I think their website is http://www.bfi.org.uk. Their offices are in Central London.
susan
Somatophylax

Post by susan »

The BFI's archive is in Berkhamsted, Herts, just about a mile from me, so I'll ring them up, and let the forum know.Susan
D.HATGISTAVROU

Post by D.HATGISTAVROU »

GREETINGS FELLOW COMPANIONS, THE ATG VIDEO TITLED "IN SEARCH OF ALEXANDER" STARRING NICHOLAS CLAY IS MADE BY TIME LIFE VIDEO. AFTER A VERY LONG SEARCH,AND SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS, I MANAGED TO GET A COPY (BACK IN 1989) IT'S BEEN SO LONG BUT I KNOW I DID NOT GET IT OUT OF LONDON,IT WAS OUT OF NEW YORK. CHILD OF FIRE WAS TAPED BACK IN 1995.REGARDS.