The Best

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

jasonxx

The Best

Post by jasonxx »

Staffi Hail

When you get to see 300, You will not be disapointed. Absolutely fantastic. The best movie to have ever have been made about such a very short lasting event in history.

It was all there. Loyalty. sacrifice,Bravery, Tyrany,love the whole works.

With regard to the statements it was way off with the history, Maybe Im odd but I thought it was pretty darned accurate. Ok the Orks etc maybe egagerated, but the ethos of Thermopalae Were pretty spot on. Even the irony about the political intrigue so far as the Oracles were or could have been bought by Persian gold.

The battle Scenes showed precisely what war is pure butchery. As butchery must have been what it was like. It greatly showed the Spartan war achine that was basically an ancient tank designed to hold solid and roll over the enemy. We cant say with all his cash Xerxes didnt use Elephants Rhinos even. But it still showed how futile they are against disciplined soldiers.

Ive never scored any movie 10 out of 10 but here I do. It ranks with LOTR, Gladiator and Braveheart. I think the reason it has hit the mark is surely to the fact that it was a very short story anyway and there was not a lot of vearing off the track that could be done, so it stayed with the fundamental story. It reminds us and must remind all society about the brotherhood and achievements that can be made if only for greed and petty squables. With All the Greeks tricky and back stabbing past. Thermopalae is something the Greeks should definately be proud of.

kenny