Michael Wood's

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Michael Wood's

Post by maciek »

Hi All!!!!I've just received both tapes of In the Footsteps of ATG. half hour ago I finnished watching first tape and I have to share my emotions with You. That tape is super! This guy Michael made very good jobis he's funny and profesional - I felt like I was there. Reading the books is one thing and watching all this - listening songs and tales about ATG from people whitch lives in his road is something funtastic. I have to reccomend this tapes to all who never saw it.
Maciek
P.S. I red this post and it sounds like some commercial - but I'm just exited watching all I red about it.
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Michael Wood's

Post by marcus »

Hi Maciek,I'm glad you're enjoying it. I watched it on TV when it first came out and I thought it was superb. I went out and bought the book as soon as it was published. I haven't bought the video yet but I keep meaning to - but I don't think my girlfriend would be too happy about my sitting down and ignoring her for four hours (it's going to be bad enough when I get the Lord of the Rings in a couple of weeks!).All the best - and happy viewing.Marcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

Thanks Marcus.
Right Lord of Rings was my favourite book and it's great movie I can't wait when longer dvd version will be released. I'm alone jet so it was only pleasure watching it with no disturbances. After viewing all three parts (in two tapes) I must say - it is tremendous complementation of book knowledge.Maciek
yiannis
Hetairos (companion)

Post by yiannis »

Hi guys,I think that "The Lord of the Rings" was an "ok" book and a terrible movie to watch(!). After watching some movies as such I've decided not to watch anymore Hollywood movies and stick to European cinema and independent American productions (a promise to myself that I'll break when (and if) the ATG movie finally materializes):-)Take care,
Yiannis
Stavros

Post by Stavros »

watching the four hour journey was amazing. The enthusiasm and passion Wood has for Alexander and his journey is strongly portrayed in the video. Do you know if its available on DVD?regards,Stavros
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

Hi Yannis!!!
I agree with You usually when Alexander is concerned but this time totaly disagree. I like this movie very much and I wait for two next parts. In my opinion they made it very good.
Maciek
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

No it's not - otherwise it would be in amazon.com. It's nice hearing that You also saw it. DVD would be fine for sound effects but that tapes are stereo so it's good sound enough for me (for such kind of movie).Maciek
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

I totally agree with you. I am so envious that he got to make that trip which I'd always dreamed of doing. But I lived it vicariously through this film. And I loved the way he dealt with the part of the journey that took place in the area of Iraq. Really innovative. Glad you to to watch it. I taped it and have it in my collection of 'research' videos.
yiannis
Hetairos (companion)

Post by yiannis »

Hi Maciej!
Well, I thought that there were too many special effects in the movie and not good enough scenario or acting. I felt like I was watching Pokemon :-)Cheers,
Yiannis
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

Yes Ruth until now I have watch it twice and it is funtastic expirience. For me best parts was when he jumped into the water near Ilion shore and showed how Alex throw the spear, and part in Afghanistan when he tried to compere todays war in there and alex's campaign there - he made it just great when he said - now I understand how Macedonians felt in there - or somthing like it.Maciek