Footage of Persepolis in Baraka

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

jan
Strategos (general)

Footage of Persepolis in Baraka

Post by jan »

I must recommend a great movie entitled Baraka. In it is a small but special piece of footage on Persepolis. I had only seen internet slides of Persepolis so this footage is very important and valuable to those of us who are interested in that great city. It is a brief glimpse but worthwhile.
The movie has no dialogue but carries a powerful message. I urge everyone to see it. The accompanying music is glorious.
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Re: Footage of Persepolis in Baraka

Post by ruthaki »

Jan, is this an art film? (where was it produced and by whom?)
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Hi Ruth,
This is a documentary, written and directed by a person name of Ron Fricke, and was filmed in 24 countries. It is primarily a succession of images, starting with Nepal, featuring various people, places, and events in the world, including the oil fields burning in Kuwait, a solar eclipse, beautiful natural monuments, manmade mosques and cathedrals (the most breathtakingly beautiful cathedrals I have ever seen, all crystal ceilings)and various people of the world, including Tokyo, Kenya, American homeless, Calcutta foragers of landfills, Indians bathing in the Ganges River, etc., etc. It is a wonderful film that makes a compelling message just through music and visual imagery. The special feature section tells of the problems in filming as a cutting down of a rain forest tree nearly killed one of the producers. Very interesting. It contains a water journey, volcanoes, and other beautiful natural wonders. On a search engine, I found a slide show available so that you can see the entire thing on the internet as well. I will check to find the link and post it later.
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »