Darius Confidence in Victory

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Darius Confidence in Victory

Post by kenny »

Following study.Game playing and studying Gaugamella.Shows me 2 Things.1/ Darius was supremely confidentr in his numbers compositiopn and battle plan. I am quite sure when the Persians broke through and went on to rout Alexanders camp was all in his game plan. As this must have beenin his mind and was confident in finishiung the job.2/ I am also sure anybody roleplaying ar wargaming Gaugamella in there own minds could beat Alexander. But in reallity no matter what we or others may think of doing Alexander genius was supreme to do us all.People and historians give part of his success the credit to his army. Where in reality Alexander success came from his own Genius unsurpassed before or since. Indeed the Macedonian army was a fine tool but Alexander used that tool with skill of a craftsmen.As I mentioned before I would call it close for Alexander to work out the Khan and the moghul hoard.As far as Hannibal as an equal thats quite easy I totally doubt Alexander would have been duped by his ambush mostly Alexanders pre battle reconesance was second to none?Kenny