A new book, Art Of Strategy by Partha Bose

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

jason_xander2000

A new book, Art Of Strategy by Partha Bose

Post by jason_xander2000 »

Has anyone read this book, I fond it a real eye opener and if it be correct it really does emphasise, Alexanders absolut Genius and the care and eye for detail he had.It may be assumed Alexander was rash and some people even call him lucky, I feel this book could really put to bed these thoughts I also feel having read it, that Alexander was the utmost military genius and going by the detail in this book a scorched earth policy really wouldnt have stopped him.It appears he knew exactly what he was doing how the cards were stacked and how to play them, his timing was second to none, His reconesance and intelligence workers were exact, I wont babble on but I feel this book does paint a fascinating picture.
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: A new book, Art Of Strategy by Partha Bose

Post by marcus »

Thanks for this.I have been having an internal debate for ages, whether or not to get the book. On the one hand, it would be yet another book to add to my Alexander library; on the other, I couldn't help but wonder whether there was any real value in it.I've no doubt that there's value for those people who read management/leadership books of this sort... but I'm more convinced now that there might be some worthwhile analysis of Alexander. So thanks.Perhaps I'll stick it on my Amazon wishlist, and see whether any of my friends and family bite...All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Nicator
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Nicator »

Hello Marcus,Do yourself a favor, and when u really get the urge to buy this book...stop and give your money to a worthwhile charity, or perhaps to a starving artist who is producing something to improve the literary genre...not stink it up!Yours, Nick
Later Nicator

Thus, rain sodden and soaked, under darkness cloaked,
Alexander began, his grand plan, invoked...

The Epic of Alexander
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

I get the impression you don't think much of the book, Nick? :-)So I should spend my hard-earned pennies on something else on my "Alexander books to get" list...Fortunately, I had not yet got round to putting Bose's book on my wishlist, so disaster has been averted...All the bestMarcus
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Nicator
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Nicator »

Whatever gave you that impression...(just kiddin')...The problem you will find is that your knowledge level is beyond this kind of thing. It's a book about comparing modern business leaders to Alexander (a concept which is sacrilege), and if you're interested in business books (yawn) then it might be fun to read. If you're just after another Alexander book, I would avoid it. For the average reader who wants information on both Alexander and business, it might be worthwhile.
I believe I wrote on this book before...something about puffed up, fat and happy, lexus driving, air conditioned glass office, water cooler jockey, coffee swilling, spoiled MBA's who have no concept of leadership, or drive to the point of dropping ambition. These lizzards have no place being compared to the great one. (Do I sound bitter or what?)Yours, Nick
Later Nicator

Thus, rain sodden and soaked, under darkness cloaked,
Alexander began, his grand plan, invoked...

The Epic of Alexander
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Hi Nick,Hmm... "puffed up, fat and happy, lexus driving, air conditioned glass office, water cooler jockey, coffee swilling, spoiled MBA's who have no concept of leadership, or drive to the point of dropping ambition..."Sounds very familiar - you haven't met my boss, have you? :-)Oh, for a private income, so that I can get out of the Tartaros that is corporate life, and devote my life to reading, writing, and learning to fence (with swords, as opposed to erecting boundary markers...)All the bestMarcus
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK