ReincarnationInstitute,

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

jan
Strategos (general)

ReincarnationInstitute,

Post by jan »

I just became aware of the website reincarnationinstitute.org. I thought that other members or participants might want to know of it.I am interested in whether there is a chat group or discussion group at this site. I believe that Karen is the owner, so Karen, if you read this, please let me know if there is a discussion group at that site. Thanks so much.Jan
karen
Hetairos (companion)

Re: ReincarnationInstitute,

Post by karen »

Hi Jan et al:No, there is no discussion or chat area on the site, nor plans to create one in the foreseeable future. (Maybe someday.) Tell the truth, the site both in an embryonic state, and in a state of flux -- not as ready for public consumption as I'd like. Nonetheless, apparently Google-able, at least to die-hards ;-)Love & peace,
Karen
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Thank you, Karen, and as I took a closer look and found additional information about the groups, I have added it to my yahoo groups list. I have only just begun to read it.I am very open minded about the possibilities of rebirth, and the multitudes of people who believe in themselves and their experiences, so I appreciate your building a site to discuss those kind of experiences.Spiritweb had at one time a location for discussion about past lives and I found it very interesting. However, changes were made.A problem for me is in the publication and copyright rules. As I am quite concerned about plagiarism, I tend to keep my thoughts to my self as much as possible. I have read a book about John Wilkes Booth that intrigued me but warned me about being too forthright.I will read your material with interest and an open mind. It is always interesting to meet with people of same interests. I just know that there are many people who have posted messages who believe themselves to have been Alexander, so I think it would be fun to learn from each other about what has happened in their lives to make them think so. It is a lot easier discussing it with others than carrying the load alone.
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

HI Karen,I have read more on notable lives and on Alexander and Hephaestion. I found information for the yahoo group sites and my membership is pending. I would love to join the discussion as I find it very rewarding that you have included others as well as yourself.As you may have gleaned if you have read some of my comments that I too have had visions and images of Alexander. So I hope that that won't cause you to avoid hearing me out. I found your stories very interesting and intriguing. I hope you would give me the same amount of credit.I wonder at why it is that so many are attracted to his life, but I suppose like any acts of violence, which attract such an audience, even men of great violence also attract.This experience has been a dilemma for me. Unlike you, I have not shared my beliefs but with a few. I realize that some may involve other people but I have not had the faith or inclination to involve any but my parents and brother.Psychologically, it is disturbing for anyone to believe in former lifetimes as we are so indoctrinated to believe in the religious views of our times. But I like dialogue and credibility so I hope to share my experiences with others without totally annoying the purely historical and scientific world.Thanks for the opportunity to do so.