New pages

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Alexias
Strategos (general)

New pages

Post by Alexias »

You should see a new link along the top of the page - 'About pothos.org'. I've discovered a few toys I can play about with, so you may see some changes!

We now have plenty of space on the new host, so I may upload some translations, photos. The main pages of the site really need updating as well, so it may be a slow process as I work out a plan, do research and find the time to implement it, but bear with me!
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: New pages

Post by marcus »

Alexias wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:04 pm You should see a new link along the top of the page - 'About pothos.org'. I've discovered a few toys I can play about with, so you may see some changes!

We now have plenty of space on the new host, so I may upload some translations, photos. The main pages of the site really need updating as well, so it may be a slow process as I work out a plan, do research and find the time to implement it, but bear with me!
When you're working out your plan, by all means let me know if there is anything I can do to help, whether writing new material, updating existing, etc.
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Post by Alexias »

marcus wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:43 pm
When you're working out your plan, by all means let me know if there is anything I can do to help, whether writing new material, updating existing, etc.
Certainly will, thank you. I'm playing about with some add-on modules to the board at the moment to enhance what options are available.
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Post by Alexias »

Hi Marcus, if you would like to start on something I would like to revise the mini-biographies that are currently online (eg the Olympias one is just wrong as she did not rule Macedonia for three decades!) it would be a help if you could make a start on this. Heckel's Who's Who, which you can download, is a good starting point. I would like to expand this list of people and maybe include some of Alexander's friends (eg Medius) who don't seem to have been army officers, Alexander's schoolmates who maybe didn't go on the expedition etc.

I would also like to do something on Alexander's Bodyguards - those he inherited from Philip, those he appointed, those like Peithon who played a role in the succession. Maybe also do a glossary of military ranks and terminology. Any other suggested pages would be most welcome. My aim is to make pothos a study aid for those interested in Alexander.

Obviously this will have to be offline at present, so any contributions can be emailed to me at pothos@writeme.com. I need to design a new template and navigation for the main pages as the current one is rather difficult to navigate before I can begin uploading anything new.

CONTRIBUTIONS FROM ANYONE ARE MOST WELCOME!
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Alexias wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:03 am Hi Marcus, if you would like to start on something I would like to revise the mini-biographies that are currently online (eg the Olympias one is just wrong as she did not rule Macedonia for three decades!) it would be a help if you could make a start on this. Heckel's Who's Who, which you can download, is a good starting point. I would like to expand this list of people and maybe include some of Alexander's friends (eg Medius) who don't seem to have been army officers, Alexander's schoolmates who maybe didn't go on the expedition etc.

I would also like to do something on Alexander's Bodyguards - those he inherited from Philip, those he appointed, those like Peithon who played a role in the succession. Maybe also do a glossary of military ranks and terminology. Any other suggested pages would be most welcome. My aim is to make pothos a study aid for those interested in Alexander.

Obviously this will have to be offline at present, so any contributions can be emailed to me at pothos@writeme.com. I need to design a new template and navigation for the main pages as the current one is rather difficult to navigate before I can begin uploading anything new.

CONTRIBUTIONS FROM ANYONE ARE MOST WELCOME!
That all sounds perfectly reasonable! I'll draw up a list of priorities. It will take a bit of time, and work is still very time consuming, so I will try to work out some sort of plan of action. And don't worry about Heckel - I have the original and the updated version, plus a lot of my own work. I won't be short of source material! :-)
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK