Alexander the Great

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

Alexander the Great

Post by ***** »

What places did he conquer. Could someone tell me all of them
NickWelman

Re: Alexander the Great

Post by NickWelman »

All of West-Asia between the Sea of Marmara to the Indus Valley and most of the Punjab; Egypt too.
Nick
Terratheon

Post by Terratheon »

The territories now called Turkey, Palestine, Israel, Egypt, Syria, Irag, Iran, Afganistan, Pakistan, parts of Northearn India, and if you include his supression of the Thraco-Illyrian rebels, parts of Bulgaria, Yugoslavia and Albania. He might have gone as far north ias Adjerbaijan, Uzbekistan etc. but the geogpraphy is not that clear from the sources.
anon

Post by anon »

You all forgot that he also conquered Greece.
Aleksander's (and his father's) army killed thousands of Greeks.
Thousands of Greeks were also sent home after Darius was defeated mainly because he could not trust those Greeks in his Macedonian army.
HEPHAISTION

Post by HEPHAISTION »

I THINK YOU MUST STUDY HISTORY. GREEKS WERE SENT BACK BECAUSE THE IONIAN CITIES OF ASIA MINOR WERE NOT UNDER PERSIANS MORE, SO THE FORMAL MISSION (OF GREEK ARMY) WHICH WAS DECIDED IN CORINTHUS HAD BEEN INTERGRATED AFTER THE LIBERATION OF THESE CITIES. DON' T FORGET THAT ALEXANDER PUNISHED THE GREEKS WHO HAD TAKEN PART IN THE WORLD AGAINST GREEK ARMY HELPING DARIUS. THE BOOKS OF THAT PERIOD ARE UNEQUIVOCAL: "OTI +É+ü+æ+ü +ö+ü +è+Å+ë+ì+ü +ö+Å+ë+ô +à+ï+ï+ç+ô+ë +ä+Å+Ä+ü+ì+ö+ü +à+ì+ü+ì+ö+ë+ü +ö+Ö+ì +à+ï+ï+ç+ì+Ö+ì +à+É+Å+ï+à+î+ç+ô+ü+ì".I AM SORRY IF YOU DON' T UNDERSTAND ANCIENT GREEK.