Alexander is the Cover of magazine

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

jan
Strategos (general)

Alexander is the Cover of magazine

Post by jan »

Tactics and Strategies, a magazine on wars and battles, has a cover of Alexander, and a story on Granicus. I just bought it at Border's and thought you would like to know. It gives dates and information on more than just Alexander. The cover is beautiful as Alexander is in his ram helmet with the two white plumes. On the centerfold page within the magazine Alexander looks like some magnificent comic book hero. I hope you can find it.
Thalestris-Alexandros

Re: Alexander is the Cover of magazine

Post by Thalestris-Alexandros »

Yes, I purchased the same and it is a nice impression of Alexander. The information on the Persian Wars and Granicus is detailed, yet in a small number of areas show historical-recording inaccuracies (author's subjective opinions obscure the accuracies). The illustration on p.6 is superb!
jan
Strategos (general)

Re: Alexander is the Cover of magazine

Post by jan »

You've made me so happy. I really love the cover as well. Had a film on Alexander been made in the 40's, I would have loved to have seen Kirk Douglas in the role. But so it goes...Hollywood never does what we want. It is the vivre of Douglas that I like as much as the image. So far, I just cannot think of any personality who fits the role. Luckily, I did see a real life person in the shopping center who put me in mind of his busts and statues, but as I am not a casting director, I just had to stare and marvel. And yesterday, I saw the perfect person to be a young Napoleon lookalike...the first time that I ever really liked a Napoleon appearance. Amazing, if we could only get the right persons to do the role playing.:-)