Historical Short Story

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

dean
Hetairos (companion)

Historical Short Story

Post by dean »

Hello ya'all,I got hooked on Alexander thanks to the historical novel- Renault especially and think it would be a lovely idea if collectively, as a group we could- just for fun- organize a "Short story Comp." based on any episode of the son of Zeus' life.
When I say short I mean 4 or 5 sheets of A4-both sides?
We could set a dead-line for example the end of April. And the best three( if this idea is not binned) could be put up temporarily on the site for reading. In my opinion stories MUST be as historically accurate as is possible.
What do you think?Kind regards,Dean.
P.S. To the powers that be...
How could the stories be submitted?
Who would decide the best three to be printed?
carpe diem
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Historical Short Story

Post by marcus »

Hi Dean,Not a bad idea at all, although does it have to be a competition? Who would judge it, anyway?Problem is, so many of us appear to be writing novels about Alexander :-) that you might have to allow exerpts of novels, too...!All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
dean
Hetairos (companion)

Post by dean »

Hi Marcus,
It doesn't have to be a competition.
I just wondered if there were people out there who felt inclined to write something, a poem, a short story or whatever and share it. I thought this site would be the perfect stage for such a work about ATGI haven't written anything yet myself, novel, short story or otherwise and haven't the slightest idea what my story would be centred around.Maybe we will inadvertently find amongst ourselves a new Homer worthy of writing of the feats of the new Achilles..?Anyway, best wishes as always,
Dean.
carpe diem
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

How about a big JOLT of inspiration for those of us caught in the mire of writer's block who are desperately trying to finish their Homeric Sagas about The Great Alexander. Other than that, I do have a collection called "Hymns for Gods and Heroes" out of which I could post a verse or two.