Animated Alexander

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

stephen

Animated Alexander

Post by stephen »

I heard a rumour that there was a Japanese cartoon series dedicated to the life of ATG. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so, is it possible to get hold of a copy in Britain?...and is it any good?Many thanks
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Animated Alexander

Post by marcus »

It's certainly true that it exists, although I don't think it's available in the UK.Haven't seen it myself, but I did look at the website a while back. Er...well... do you remember the animated space-age version of the Odyssey that was shown on UK children's TV many years ago? That will give you an idea of what this is like (as far as I can tell).I wouldn't waste my time looking for it, to be honest (although I seem to remember that Roxane was a bit of a fox...)All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Carl

Re: Animated Alexander

Post by Carl »

I have a friend who is big into the Ani stuff and he is going to get me a copy. According to him, at least some of it is going to be released in the US in the next couple of weeks. I believe he said it was going to be 6 disks, but I'm not positive about this.Once I get it and am able to give it a preview I'll let everyone know what it's like. I don't have high hopes for it as I too have checked the website at http://www.ani-alexander.com/english_f/ ... creen.html and although it is supposed to be pretty accurate historically they really went to town on the 'futurization' of the animations. We'll see.