Re: By request "Shadow of the Lion"

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Re: By request "Shadow of the Lion"

Post by ruthaki »

A couple of people here have requested that I put up some pages of my nove "Shadow of the Lion" on my website. I have put up 3 pages so far and will add a few more later. You can go to my website
http://www.dreamwater.org/ruthaki and then at the bottom of the home page, click HERE is the link to synopsis of Shadow of the Lion. After the synopsis there are 3 links to pages. "SHADOW", 'MAGUS" and "MORE EXCERPTS" It's just a sample, introducing some of the characters and the theme. More to come.
Linda
Hetairos (companion)

Re: By request

Post by Linda »

Hi RuthThank you for posting those. I look forward to reading them! Linda
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Hi Ruth,Just in case you are thinking that we are all terribly rude, I *have* made a start reading your excerpts, but work keeps getting in the way, darn it!So I have no comments to make as yet, except to thank you for posting it for us to read.Where do those Alexandrian poems fit in, by the way? Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I couldn't tell whether they were anything to do with "Shadow of the Lion"...All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

Hi Marcus (and others), the Alexandrian poems are a seperate piece of work. A few years ago a poet friend of mine was editing my MSS for me and was impressed by the poetic prose so he challenged me to write a collection of poems. I am not usually a 'poet' though I've written a few. But I took up James's challenge and put together a collection called "Hymns for Gods and Heroes", written for two voices and to be accompanied by appropriate instruments (in this case a flute and clarinet). They were performed at a Canada Book Day celebration and were quite unique. I put one sample on my site only because I was putting up things that tie-in with the Greek theme. I do other kinds of writing as well but will put those on a different web site one of these days. I'll be putting up a few more excerpts from "Shadow of the Lion" as soon as I have time. It's mainly to introduce characters and plot-line and to give a sample of the novel itself which has been a massive piece of work with much, much research and care taken to tell the story as correctly as possible. Of course, being "fiction" I have used my own interpretations of some characters (poetic license) and have also included a couple of 'fictional' characters to balance the historical ones.
yiannis
Hetairos (companion)

Post by yiannis »

Hi Ruth,
Thanks for posting excerpts of your book. I hope I'll read them this weekend. From a brief look that I had at them, they look very good.Br,
Yiannis