Information about participants

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

jan
Strategos (general)

Information about participants

Post by jan »

Marcus, is there a location where bios of the particpants can be learned?
Efstathios
Hetairos (companion)

Re: Information about participants

Post by Efstathios »

you mean the participants of this forum?
"Hence we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks."
Sir Winston Churchill, 1941.
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Yes, as when you read a book review, there is information about the author who is listed at the bottom of the article. I just wonder if there is some place to learn about the person who is posting. I found mostly webmaster and sikander/halil but I am sure that there are others who have made contributions. It helps to know something about the person who is writing the review and/or post. Some sound as though they may be high school students while others may be old time college professors.
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

"...old time college professors..."Marcus, you should not allow yourself to be addressed in such a fashion.Certainly not moi! Never met Mr Tarn in my life! Now, cheeky "old bastard", that's definitely moi!
Paralus,Slightly old and leaky - in need of a good caulking.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

No, Jan, there isn't such a listing, I'm rather glad to say. What is important is the contribution that a member makes to this (or any other) forum, not who they are or what they've done. I don't see how the background of the person posting has any relevance on how their writing is to be interpreted or valued.With best regards,Amyntoros
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

:-)
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Oh, I am blushing now...LOL! Sorry...
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Oh, darn, and I had hopes of finding some fun here...just teasing...
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

Blushing? Why I'm positively preening!Paralus.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
pamm

Post by pamm »

I do read here often but find that I only post from time to time. In case anybody is interested I guess I fall somewhere between the high school student and the old college professor. I'm a 40 year (oops, 41) old mother of three and registered nurse. Not exactly what you'd expect to find on an Alexander-the-Great forum!
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

G'day Pamm.I'll admit to entering the world in the decade of IGY and Sputnik. Further, I'll admit to an overpowering interest in the US manned space programmes of the sixties and matriculating (for entry to university, as we said in Australia) with a first level in ancient history.I may also admit to two children and a library that fairly occupies the house. Computers are fine, books are better. That last about says it all.Paralus.
Paralus

Academia.edu