The king Is Dead. Hail Leonardo

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

jasonxx

The king Is Dead. Hail Leonardo

Post by jasonxx »

Foget Titanic, Forget the little boy Image.

Blood Dianond. Is more indication how leonardo Dicaprrio has filled out and matured.

All those who doubted Leonardo as Alexander watch. Blood Diamond. And the beaty with Decaprio os he has a good 10 years to play Alexander he will always look youthful. He has a certain Charisma and a great very good actor.

My wife is a big Collin Farrel. We saw Leonardo in the new movie. She turned round and said thats the image I imagine Alexander.Ive always thought it for some reason that makes people laugh and dismis him out of hand. But see past Titanic. Look at the Gangs of New York and now the new one and I think hardened porthonians may begin to waver.

Kenny
Beatriki
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

No, no and no

Post by Beatriki »

I'm sorry, but I can't see Leonardo playing Alexander. Ok, I've never liked this actor, and this can influence my opinions, but I think it's not a good choice. Baz Lurhman always employs his friends in his movies: Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge), Leo (Romeo & Juliet) and so on. But I don't believe they can play their characters correctly because they are so far way from them physically and psychically. No other actress could compare to Angelina and her Olympias, and Colin didn't do a "fantastic" job, but he is more appropiate than this little kid (no matter how he has grown up, I will always see him as the same arrogant child -and I also don't find him particularly attractive, he doesn't look like Alexander with his fierce looks )... so no :evil:
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

I know what you mean about not liking actors having an effect on how one is percieved.

Daniel Craig was totally taken to pieces when It was first mentioned him for Bond. Its turned out that this film is been said as the best.

I couldnt stand Decaprio, As the little boy in Titanic or some others. But his face to me says Alexander. He was great In The Gangs of New York. He plays good different parts all very well. In Blood Diamond he looks the busness.

Hail Leonardo

:shock: :lol: :wink:

Kenny
Beatriki

Post by Beatriki »

jasonxx wrote:I know what you mean about not liking actors having an effect on how one is percieved.

Daniel Craig was totally taken to pieces when It was first mentioned him for Bond. Its turned out that this film is been said as the best.

I couldnt stand Decaprio, As the little boy in Titanic or some others. But his face to me says Alexander. He was great In The Gangs of New York. He plays good different parts all very well. In Blood Diamond he looks the busness.

Hail Leonardo

:shock: :lol: :wink:

Kenny
Well, I always defended Daniel Craig, I knew him since Tomb Raider and he seemed a really good actor to me. I think that his Bond is one of the best in history.

To me, it seems that we all have our personal image of Alexander. That's why I can't see Leonardo playing him, he doesn't look like MY Alexander. My brother and many friends are always trying to convince me that Leonardo is a good actor, but I keep on not liking him. It could be because on my school days, when I said I didn't like him at all and I prefered Russell Crowe, everyone looked at me as if I were an alien. But I haven't changed my mind in all these years, maybe some day I will... 8)
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

Beatriki

Liking Actors I think is the image they portray. I would say Russel Crowes High Is Gladiator. And the image is Maximus that people remember. Since Gladiator and a little succes with the navy film, Hes pretty well nosed dived.

I think people cant see past Titanic with Decaprio, But as I said as an actor he will maintain the look of youth and will be forever before he looks older than 32.And to be perfectly honest there is no one amongst todays actors can fill Alexanders boots. The nearest would be to get a young kirk Douglas.

I like farrel and always hope he gets a good movie to gain him some merrit, But he just goes for rubbish, like Miami Vice.

Kenny
pankration

Post by pankration »

jasonxx wrote:Beatriki

Liking Actors I think is the image they portray. I would say Russel Crowes High Is Gladiator. And the image is Maximus that people remember. Since Gladiator and a little succes with the navy film, Hes pretty well nosed dived.

I think people cant see past Titanic with Decaprio, But as I said as an actor he will maintain the look of youth and will be forever before he looks older than 32.And to be perfectly honest there is no one amongst todays actors can fill Alexanders boots. The nearest would be to get a young kirk Douglas.

I like farrel and always hope he gets a good movie to gain him some merrit, But he just goes for rubbish, like Miami Vice.

Kenny
I wholeheartedly agree. Leo can play tough guys and his youthful look will carry him for a few more years. As for Colin Farrell, I'll watch almost anything with him in it but he flubbed Alexander. Watch the extended version; he's even wimpier in that one.
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

pank Hail

I like what you say and Its kinda refreshing some one else sees Decaprio outside Titanic. I have watched Collin in all his movies and wanted thre movies to be good. A few were deciocre. Phonebooth and Tigerland were top draw but the Rest were lethargic. I for a time reckned Collin would be a good bond.

Kenny
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

Actors today have no longivity apart from a Select Few Bradd Pitt, Mel Gibson,Leonardo,to name a few most of the Rest Are Here today gone Tommorow.

Orlando Bloom best work Legolas and the rest forgetable.Russel Crowe Gladiator,Stephen Segal, Stallone etc have a very short shelf life. Decaprios diversity and eternal youthful looks and great choices of movie make him a stayer.

Lake look at the Lissipus statue. the one in the louvre. Then look at Decaprio. Its the same guy.
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Leonardo

Post by ruthaki »

Nah, I still can't bring myself to visualize Leonardo as Alexander. Something too wimpy about him, so fey. But, I haven't seen his recent film(s) so should perhaps save my judgement for that time. Russel Crowe (yummy!) is the more manly sort and did well in the Gladiator and Master and Commander too. I didn't mind Colin too much as Alexander. I liked the docu they did on him training to be Alexander and thought he did a pretty good job. But still...I haven't as yet (even as a historical fiction writer who is always on the look-out for their characters so I can 'tag' them as real living persons) ...in all my travels around Greece, even, I only once have run across the true Alexander. That was a guy working in a taverna on the island of Thassos that, aside from his height, was a dead ringer!!! (and a Macedonian at that!) I thought at the time that he would have been ideal cast in the movie role.
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

There's one actor who doesn't really look like Alexander - his mouth is too large, his face too thin, his jaw the wrong shape, etc. But every time I see him in profile I can't help thinking that he bears a striking resemblance to the Issus Mosaic Alexander with his dark hair, prominent nose, huge, bulging eyes, etc. It's David Tennant. Of course, when he turns around the resemblance is lost. :wink:

Best regards,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
pankration

Casting my movie...

Post by pankration »

If any Hollywood types are out there, you're welcome to buy the rights to my book, PATRIDA. But I want it cast by me (and okayed by my pothos friends).

Philip...........Russell Crowe :D
Olympias......Salma Hayek (yeah I know, the accent...call a voice coach) :wink:
Alexander.....Brad Pitt (might be getting too old) or Leo Dicaprio 8)
Hephaestion...Orlando Bloom :?
Cleitus..........Viggo Mortensen :D
and my guys from the book
Dioxippus....Georges St. Pierre (UFC champion in his FIRST film role) :idea:
Piros.........Samuel L. Jackson (playing a motherf'ing Greek) :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Beatriki

Post by Beatriki »

jasonxx wrote:Lake look at the Lissipus statue. the one in the louvre. Then look at Decaprio. Its the same guy.
Really?? I think Di Caprio's little nose doesn't look like Alexander's, nor he has a greek profile. The face on the Azara Herm is that of a man, not of a boy, for me :wink: If I have to say an actor which for me clearly looks like Alexander, he would be Gale Harold (except for his height, of course :lol: )

And for Russell, he still has many things to give. He's just too occupied with his little children, I suppose.

Kisses, Beatriki
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

A movie with all the big names wouldnt happen. Egos would get in the way and the wages bill would hit an all time record.
The days of all the top actors getting together are long gone.

Kenny
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Casting my movie...

Post by marcus »

pankration wrote:Piros.........Samuel L. Jackson (playing a motherf'ing Greek) :lol:
:lol: :lol:
I like it. And Samuel L Jackson is a must in any film, anyway, isn't he? :shock:
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
jasonxx

Post by jasonxx »

Hail Marcus Samuel Jackson is a top acter. But hes falling into the ways of doing any crap film.

Get your eyes on snakes on a Plane. Thats gotta be the woprse excuse for a movie ive ever seen. :?

Going on the movies lately its bloody awful. And the movies that get Oscars and Global globes . They are the movies no one watches. Its kind sick watching these over paid pussies Crying and Patronising. Pass the Bucket. :roll: