Videos II

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

bob

Videos II

Post by bob »

I got that Battle of Guagamela video from the history channel. It is NOT the excellent documentary I saw on the military channel. Now that I have seen several Alexander documentaries, that military channel is hands down the best documentary I have seen, and it has excellent scholars on it. The history channel video is not a bad purchase, worth the money, but not at all as good as the one I saw on the Military channel. If that comes out on DVD, everyone should buy that, is is much longer too than the History channels documentary.There is another new Alexander DVD documentary out, I believe it is called "The True story of Alexander the Great." It is a british documentary, and I find its facts more accurate than the History channel's documentary, but a bit lower in budget than the history channels. What made that equal to the history channels was the computer recreations of the battle plans of Granicus, Issus, Guagamela, and Hydaspes (Jhelum). The scholars on that DVD, are british from british universities...and since I am an american, know little about the british scholars, but they were pretty good. The documentary can be purchased for like $7 american bucks, and is certainly worth the money...I can try to get the details and post that DVDs info here,
Bob
bob

Re: Videos II

Post by bob »

Does anyone know if the "Footsteps in the Sand" documentary on ALexander is anygood. It has received horrible reviews...Thanks...Below is the other documentary I was talking about...Title is: The Real Alexander the Great: The True Story of the Man Who Ruled the WorldFormat: Color, Dolby, NTSC
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only.)Rated: NR (Not Rated)
Studio: Eagle Vision USA
DVD Release Date: June 14, 2005
ASIN: B0009ML22E
val

Re: Videos II

Post by val »

Sorry for misguiding you about the Gaugamela documentary; for the description you made I assumed it was the one of the Decisive Battles series, but if you say it is not the one you saw then I am clueless about the one you mean. I donGÇÖt have the Military history channel, which I think is quite new, right?, so I searched its website but found no info about that program. Is it a longer more complete version of the decisive battle series or is it completely different?About the"Footsteps in the Sand" documentary I can give you no info, I rarely purchase DVDs from Amazon, as I live abroad differences in the regions and the extra cost of shipping makes it difficult or expensive to do, so unless I know it is really worth the money I wouldnGÇÖt risk buying something that wasnGÇÖt very well rated by other users. Sorry again for the mistake.Valeria