Alot of big parts to fill.

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Re: Alot of big parts to fill.

Post by ruthaki »

Oh God, I hope so! I simply can't imagine him in that part!
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

Me, piping up again...why don't they just let US do the casting?????
Tell you the truth, in all my travels and research for my novel, looking for living persons I could use as 'models' for my characters, I only saw one young man who remotely reminded me of Alexander. He was sitting in the bus depot in Thessaloniki. He might have been an Albanian or Slav but he was my idea of a perfect Alexander. Now, why don't we send the talent scouts out looking for him?
susa

Post by susa »

Hi YiannisI can't help myself.....:)
dean
Hetairos (companion)

Re: Cup of honour

Post by dean »

Hi, Ruth, just to thankyou for your reccomendation of the book "The invisible enemy" when we were talking about Alexander's drinking habits. I have to wait for a while for the book- got to order it and was curious about your comment about "addictive medicines" that Alexander took. As I may be waiting for the book for a while do you mind jotting down a couple of lines about this? Much appreciated, Dean.
carpe diem
Linda
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Linda »

RuthPlease tell us who you have picked out! Apart from Kylie, of course. She really should be Queen of the Amazons. I should like to see Anthony Hopkins as Parmenio, Ralph Fiennes as Hephaestion, Tom Cruise as Philotas (just to see him tortured) and Alan Rickman as Attalus. There is a problem, as all these people are too old to play Alexander contemporaries. Hephaestion should really be much younger - say, Colin Farrell who is 26 ('bout right).I have no idea about Alexander - I think Leo could do an interesting A, if he put his mind to it. But I am out on a limb here (again). :)
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

Hi Ruth again!!!!!!!!!!!
It's so nice talking to You!
I think it would be very good to make the sontage - gathering our opinions and take actors with greatest number of votes. Maybe we should make such a voting pool for actors which should take a main roles. Can webmaster make such a movie?
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

Hi Linda!
That was good with the Tom Cruise I'm not his fan too. I think that Keanu Reeves could be good Alexander - accept his appearance he is in my opinion good after some characterisation for that role.