A new Alexander site

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

heraklia

A new Alexander site

Post by heraklia »

I have lurked here for about a year, since I decided to supplement my web sites on Julius Caesar and Augustus by going completely Graeco-Macedonian and studying Alexander. I must thank the members of Pothos for more good suggestions, ideas, posts, recommendations on reading, and more, than a year's study can possibly specify.My site on Alexander ("Undying Glory") is just about ready to publish. With the achievement of Jona Lendering right before my eyes, I still thought there was room in Alexander studies for a more chronological study of Alexander's career, with graphics that hopefully were unusual and explicative of the times in which he lived. So I have two requests! one, I don't presume ya'll would mind, but of course I want to plug Pothos.org for its tremendous help for Alexander students. Second, if anyone out there is willing to be an objective reviewer, I've got about 80,000 words on Alex and am always hoping that someone can help me proof a chapter here or there, not so much for typos, as for whether I've left anything important out. I've spent the last year with Green on one side, Fox on the other, and about 20 source books and bios cluttering my desk and mind. Sometimes, one wishes for a clear-minded second opinion. I know that's a lot to ask for a lurker, but I thought it would not hurt!I'm hoping to publish Undying Glory end of this year. If anyone is interested, please e-mail me!I haven't got all the navigation coding done, but the rough version of the site can be found below. Just use the bottom buttons, now, for navigation.http://alexanderthegreat.fws1.com/Intro ... _Index.htm
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Re: A new Alexander site

Post by kenny »

Your Site Is exemplery and superb.Kenny
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Congratulations, Suzanne. I have taken the time to see how far I could go on your website, as I did really read the first part, but then decided to simply see how much you have finished. This is a most beautiful and wonderful work that you have accomplished. I had a bit of a problem after chapters 5.3 as my computer would then take me back to 5.1 when I hit forward. I stopped reading text after the introduction but I enjoyed your analysis to the point where I decided to look ahead and browse a bit. It was fun, beautiful, and very well laid out. I enjoy all the quotations from your sources. Thanks for sharing your good news here.
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

A beautiful site, Suzanne! I haven't had time to read much of it, but I've bookmarked it for future reference. :-)Best regards,Amyntoros
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

It looks nice, with loads of excellent and well-chosen illustrations.Like Amyntoros, I haven't had time actually to sit down and read the text (there's an awful lot of it!), but one day I'll find the time! I'm looking forward to it.Congratulations - it is at least going into my favourites folder for now!ATBMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Athanasios

Post by Athanasios »

Heraklia, I have yet to go into too much depth, but from what I have seen I commend you on a very bold and noble attempt, more so for creating the climate at the time and reliving the tale.Well done!Regards,
Atha
Nicator
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Nicator »

I'm enjoying your site Suzanne, especially the wonderful set of illustrations and background. Congratulations are definitely in order. Nicator
Later Nicator

Thus, rain sodden and soaked, under darkness cloaked,
Alexander began, his grand plan, invoked...

The Epic of Alexander
S

Post by S »

Greetings,Tried posting earlier but the thing didn't "take"
You have obviously put a lot of work into this site.. nice job. I will include a link to it at the AE site, also, if someone else has not already done so.Good luck! Regards,
Sikander
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Hello Suzanne, I have been playing around with your website and found your italics to be just wonderful! I found the Anabasis of Xenophon, a link to Jona Lendering, and another link to an Iranian website. Thanks so much for that. I just recently bought Cyropaedia by Xenophon so I much appreciate the link to the Anabasis. It will take time to fully utilize your website but its construction is simply wonderful. I also clicked to enlarge some of the illustrations, and truly like that feature. You are some genius!