New movie stills: first photo of Kilmer as king Philip

Post here about Alexander in film, TV, radio, other websites, YouTube etc.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Max

New movie stills: first photo of Kilmer as king Philip

Post by Max »

Hey gals and guys,Go to http://www.techcomforces.com/alexander
to get a look at some new movie stills from the
Oliver Stone "Alexander" production, including
the first photos I've seen on the web of Val
Kilmer as king Philip and Anthony Hopkins as
Ptolemy.-Max
gahauser
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: New movie stills: first photo of Kilmer as king Philip

Post by gahauser »

Every mag in the UK has photos of the movie in it. The build up is getting ridiculous. How could it ever live up to expectations? One can only hope!
GAHauser
http://www.authorga.com
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Thanks, Max, I liked the info on the History Channel. Seems that everyone finds profit in those bones. The movie will probably be controversial but Stone as chief writer, it will be intriguing (that is if he did write the script as I read that he had)& it should be fascinating to see how Stone's mind works regarding this great secular leader. What words he will put in ATG's mouth is more than I can imagine, and that will cause me to see this movie. I like nothing better than listening to Oliver project onto some character the workings of his own mind.If only he cajoled a good performance out of Colin Farrell who is the least likely person I can imagine in that role. But that is Hollywood fantasy, isn't it?It is fun, and the more the merrier, I say. I love to read the fantasies!
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Post by beausefaless »

I can say the same about you & your book. Every time you post in this fabulous forum you promote your web site, which is good, I wish you the best.
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

I think Farrell is a better bet than Leonardo di Caprio but, who knows...I am simply counting on Oliver Stone's wisdom at movie-making, not counting on it to be 'true to history' or anything like that. That would be expecting too much of Hollywood.By the way, does anyone know who is playing Arridaios? Now there's a fascinating, pathetic creature. Will they give him anything but a walk-on? ruthaki
aen
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by aen »

Here's a groaner for everyone.A pal of mine who lives in Rome found herself having dinner with Val Kilmer and a few others a couple of weeks back, fresh from his Philip experience.Talk moved round to the great man, and what an extraordinary fellow he was. Incredibly, Kilmer hadn't the foggiest notion who Hephaestion was.I ask you . . .
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

Don't these people read thru the whole script or do any research on their characters? Angelina Jolie also came out with some daft statements about Olympias referring to Alexander dying by the time he was 20 or some such nonsense.
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Post by beausefaless »

Since you asked,Found herself? Daft statements? Gullible city! You kind folks who appear to be impressed by innuendo should realize an actor's job is to know their lines and become the person they are portraying nothing more and nothing less. You're the scholar on ancient history, so when individuals have the courage to admit in public their lack of knowledge on certain subjects, due to their busy schedules from the riggers of their livelihood. Please don't take this post seriously, I'm just defending these kind actors who are willing to put their professions on the line for they believe what they are dong is the right thing. I would also mention the free time they donate, Angelina (Sesame Street, Help Children in War-Ravaged Cities Worldwide ) and Val (Writer, Musician, Poet, Native American Preparatory School, AmeriCares, and Habitat For Humanity). Personally I believe these rumors hold no water whatsoever, but that's just my opinion.
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

I do have a vague idea of the acting profession as I happen to be a playwright, although an emerging one. I was most impressed, during the rehersal of my modest production (set in the '50's) of how the actors were asked to do a 'back story' for their character. They were not movie stars, but emerging actors and they took the time to ask questions, research and put together little scenes to tell a back-story of their character. To me it was amazing as they came up with things that were pretty close to the truth (My play was based on true happenings and characters and partly autobiographical). I have also heard of movie stars who spent time looking into the lives of their characters and making sure they portrayed them correctly. Some of the basic facts surrounding Alexander are in high school text books and libraries. Surely they could have easily found out.
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Post by beausefaless »

Dear Jan,I agree with your thoughts on Gangs of New York. One of the main reasons Oliver Stone decided on Collin Farrell is due to his performance in "American Outlaws" he showed all the qualities of ATG. This movie was on TBS two nights ago, it also can be purchased on DVD for under ten dollars. I highly recommend it and I think (hope) you will agree.