Persian Empire, by Nick

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

marcus
Somatophylax

Persian Empire, by Nick

Post by marcus »

Nick,Excellent piece on the Persian Empire!(If others haven't seen it yet, it can be found under the most recent addition on the home page).All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
nick
Somatophylax

Re: thanks so much

Post by nick »

Thanks very much, Marcus. It has been a long time in making. I mean: a pothos-article isn't really suitable for a lot of text, especially when it is not really about Alexander himself, so only this weekend I could make up my mind about what to write and what to leave out of it.And then: I feel there is still a thin line between pro-Persian (depicting Alexander as a war criminal) and pro-Alexander (depicting ancient Persia as a society of incompetent slaves) propaganda. I hope I balanced that line to everyone's satisfaction.Regards -
Nick
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: thanks so much

Post by marcus »

Well, it worked for me! It seemed pretty balanced, and anyway, I think it's a good idea to remind people that not everyone thinks Alexander was super... there are some who view him differently.A long time in the preparation? Heck, I still owe Pothos a piece on Seleucus, which I think I promised about 6 months ago!All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Re: Persian Empire, by Nick

Post by ruthaki »

Well done, Nick. Enjoyed reading and will check out those recommended websites and book. ruthaki