For a moderator - No posts exist for this topic error

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

keroro
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

For a moderator - No posts exist for this topic error

Post by keroro »

I've been getting an error when I try to view the second page of a thread I started a few days ago - on Hypaspists and Asthethairoi. The error states:

Information
No posts exist for this topic

The main forum page states that there are 19 posts, but I can only view the first 10. Rather frustrating.

If a mod could take a look to see if there's a problem (or if I'm doing something dumb) then I would be highly grateful.

With Thanks.
Best wishes,

Keroro
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: For a moderator - No posts exist for this topic error

Post by marcus »

keroro wrote:I've been getting an error when I try to view the second page of a thread I started a few days ago - on Hypaspists and Asthethairoi. The error states:

Information
No posts exist for this topic

The main forum page states that there are 19 posts, but I can only view the first 10. Rather frustrating.

If a mod could take a look to see if there's a problem (or if I'm doing something dumb) then I would be highly grateful.

With Thanks.
Hi Keroro,

Yes, I've been getting that message, too. The strange thing is, my most recent post on that thread is showing, so goodness knows where/what all the other supposed responses are.

Unfortunately, even as a moderator I'm not sure there's anything I can do, as I don't have access to any coding (and wouldn't know what to do if I did). Thomas, the site-meister, will no doubt be investigating it as we speak, 'cos he's good like that! :)

Please bear with us all - normal service will, I'm sure, be resumed as soon as possible.

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
keroro

Post by keroro »

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the swift reply, I'll wait for word from Thomas. It's a little frustrating to know that there are ten replies in a thread I started that I can't read, :cry: but I'm sure things will be back to normal soon.

All my thanks.
Best wishes,

Keroro
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

keroro wrote:Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the swift reply, I'll wait for word from Thomas. It's a little frustrating to know that there are ten replies in a thread I started that I can't read, :cry: but I'm sure things will be back to normal soon.

All my thanks.
I don't think you are missing any posts. I have a feeling that if someone edits a previously written post it shows as a "new" reply. Not entirely sure, but it seems to go onto two pages for me, now, and there don't appear to be any missing posts from references from those that are there.

Still, Thomas might have an answer.

(Editing this to test a theory)

ATB
Last edited by marcus on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
keroro

Post by keroro »

Hmm, maybe you're right. I've just revisited the thread, and I seem to be able to go onto the second page now and read all the replies. I'm used to posting on a different style of forum to this, so maybe I just got mixed up.

Thanks Marcus,
Best wishes,

Keroro
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

keroro wrote:I'm used to posting on a different style of forum to this, so maybe I just got mixed up.
No, you didn't get mixed up. :) There was definitely something wrong with the thread for a while. I think that the software opened up the second page yet continued to post responses on the first page. And I'm certain that no responses are missing even though the count says otherwise - I check Pothos on a fairly regular basis and have been paying particular attention to this thread. (I meant to post myself, but my response needs extensive editing and is now redundant - it was in response to Heckel's comment (which Marcus posted) that if the line went from best to worst, right to left, then why would the great general Craterus be in charge of the left? Am paraphrasing, by the way.)

Anyway, I suspect that new posts were counted twice while the problem existed.

Best regards,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor