The future of pothos.org (2007-8? version) + new server

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

The move over to the new site is taking a lot longer than I expected due to family commitments.

But the recent down time is a good indicator of why we need to move!

Apparently our hosts were hacked at the end of May and lost lots of passwords. They reset the passwords without clearly telling people that this also affected the databases the sites rely on...
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
Thomas
Site Admin

The move

Post by Thomas »

The move is complete. Do you see a difference?

The topics are recovered. Are they all there?

Please post comments below...

N.B. You'll find that the URL looks a little strange (www.william-powlett.net) for a couple of days. Once the internet catches up with the change I will make that (slight) annoyance disappear.
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

Bloody stirling job Thomas.

A scotch all round!
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Thomas wrote:The move over to the new site is taking a lot longer than I expected due to family commitments.

But the recent down time is a good indicator of why we need to move!

Apparently our hosts were hacked at the end of May and lost lots of passwords. They reset the passwords without clearly telling people that this also affected the databases the sites rely on...
You're a star of the highest order, Thomas. Thank you for all your efforts. I've been feeling starved of Pothos for the last few days ... :cry:

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
athenas owl
Hetairos (companion)

Post by athenas owl »

Thank you so much for all your efforts. Words don't do my appreciation justice. *goes to donate".
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

Nearly all the articles are transferred thanks to Vergina Sun's efforts (and her shaming me in to a small amount of action!).

Taking this article off sticky...
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

Thomas wrote:Nearly all the articles are transferred thanks to Vergina Sun's efforts (and her shaming me in to a small amount of action!).
That's wonderful! A big round of applause with heartfelt thanks to Vergina Sun! :)

Best regard,
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
Vergina Sun
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by Vergina Sun »

amyntoros wrote:That's wonderful! A big round of applause with heartfelt thanks to Vergina Sun! :)

Best regard,
Oh, please. It was the very least I could do. :oops: