Search engine.

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

smittysmitty
Hetairos (companion)

Search engine.

Post by smittysmitty »

Hi Thomas,

I've been unable to retrieve any of my earlier posts through the pothos search engine. Is this a problem from my end or the site?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers!.
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

I've been playing around with the search engine and I think the problem may be that the engine doesn't search the member name area, only titles or text. So if you're inputting Smitty it will only show results where your name was actually used in a post. That's my guess, anyway. :) I tried a search for Amyntoros and, as I originally signed my posts Linda Ann, I didn't get results for many of my early posts either, although posts discussing the real Hephaistion Amyntoros back in 2002 were included in the search results.

ATB
Amyntoros

Pothos Lunch Room Monitor
smittysmitty
Hetairos (companion)

Post by smittysmitty »

Hi amyntoros, thanks for your reply. It's not an important issue any way, I just thought it may have been my computer playing up.

cheers!
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

I am alive but rarely here so sorry for the long delay.

I searched on author smitty* (note the *) and got 421 posts dating back to 2003). Maybe that was your problem. You also need to set it to find posts not topics for it to work finding individual posts.
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté