New forum user

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

maciek
Hetairos (companion)

New forum user

Post by maciek »

IGÇÖm 30years old and IGÇÖm history student right now. I like especially ancient history and most of all Alexander the Great. ThatGÇÖs why I like to write post-graduate work on this subject. IGÇÖm very happy that IGÇÖve found such great web site with so intelligent discussions because my family have enough my speaking about it. I hope to find some good friends to talk. In my work I will try to proof that Alexander was not only the great king but also good man and his conquers was to unite all then known world with honest rules GÇô not only because of his ambitious.
Kyanos Tavros

Re: New forum user

Post by Kyanos Tavros »

Kalos elthes kai erroso philtate Maciek!
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: New forum user

Post by marcus »

Welcome to the forum. I was delighted when I first found this site as, like you, my family (and friends) tended to fall asleep when I started talking about Alexander. I'm sure you'll find that pretty much everyone here is passionate about Alexander, in one way or another, and you are bound to find some stimulating debate and discussion.
Best wishes
Marcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

to Kyanos

Post by maciek »

Kyanos please can You translate this text into english? I intent to learn greek but I didn't start yet.
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Thanks

Post by maciek »

Thank You for reply and I hope to exchange a lot of very interesting information. Right now I'm reading Plutarch's "Parallel Lives" and I'm quite confused by that part about "murder" of Parmenio and Kleistos .