NOTE! Read if you registered in the old forum twice or more

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Thomas
Site Admin

NOTE! Read if you registered in the old forum twice or more

Post by Thomas »

'beausefaless' problems have highlighted an issue with the new forum.If you registered twice (or more) with the same email address, only one of the IDs will be set up in the new forum. The ID you can log in with will be the one that is the first in the alphabet.e.g. if you registered as ptolemy23 and heph44 then only the heph44 id will have made the transition.I realise that this will upset a lot of people who may have "lost" their favourite ID. Fear not, just email me from the registered email address and I will delete the "wrong" ID allowing you to register with the "right" ID.I have emailed all the people affected and the text of the email is here: http://www.pothos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=52#52
Last edited by Thomas on Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
S

Re: LOOK>>> All forum users read this please!

Post by S »

Greetings,Just dropping in to say "Hello" and to register at new site. Have not been around much due to traveling but in a month or so I should be settled in a new location and able to contribute more.This will take me some time to understand, to "get".. I need to go back through the old posts on Pothos and see how much it will differ. Will the old site still exist or will everything be transferred to this site? *Or*, is this *just* a change in the forum? So much to find out, so little time (smile)Regards,
Sikander
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

I am now 90% sure I can bring over all the posts from the old forum. You will be able to revive threads you thought had gone for ever... I am working on it now and may well close both sites for 24 hours before the "official" opening to copy over the 20,000+ posts. And this is *just* a change to the forum. The old site stays with no changes and the new forum has been changed to look as much like this one as possible within reason - although there are, of course, many changes in look and feel.
jan

Post by jan »

Hi Thomas, I played around and learned that there was no cancel button after previewing my post so I just logged out. Had no trouble logging on, and wrote a quick post but canceled it hopfully.I am still wanting to wish you and your wife much happiness over your new daughter's birth and imagine that she is giving you much pleasure and joy now. Wishing you all well.Jan
Thomas
Site Admin

How to cancel

Post by Thomas »

jan wrote:Hi Thomas, I played around and learned that there was no cancel button after previewing my post so I just logged out.
Just click the "pothos.org forum index" link to cancel I think or use the "jump to forum" box.
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté