LOOK>>> All forum users read this please!

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Thomas
Site Admin

LOOK>>> All forum users read this please!

Post by Thomas »

I am humbled and grateful to those who have donated to pay for pothos for another year. We have reached the target and have about three months worth of next year! If you want to donate - click the "donate" button to the right of this message and have your credit card ready. If everyone who used the forum regularly gave $1 each year, that would be enough.The google advertising I have put on the site has made 32 cents in the week it has been up, which is not really enough (52 x 0.32 is around $15 a year) but it all helps.I have been playing with the demo of the new forum and am impressed with what it can do. Several people have made it over there and everything seems to be working well. I am aware that many people will have not yet heard about my ideas for the forum but I am now more and more convinced that it is the way to go.I will therefore transfer the forum over to the new style at the end of April. People who want to start posting in the new forum - feel free it is ready and waiting at http://www.pothos.org/phpBB2/ although the URL will change to /forum/ when it goes fully live.I know many people will find this a challenge and will do all I can to support you as I am sure all the other people who are keen to move will too!
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Re: LOOK>>> All forum users read this please!

Post by beausefaless »

I can't log in to your new site. Do I need to re-register?Andrew F.
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

For some reason your ID did not transfer. I have no idea why. beausefaless is still available and if you register all should work fine. I wonder how many others did not transfer over? The ones before and after you alpahabetically went over fine!
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Post by beausefaless »

No matter how many times I try to log in with my original user name and password or a new one I create the web site will not let me log in. It says some one else has my email address!
nina
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

donate

Post by nina »

webmaster, are you aware that you can't donate at this time? nina
Thomas
Site Admin

thank you for spotting that!

Post by Thomas »

No, I was not! :shock:

But it is working now. I am not sure what the problem was but it was definitely my end. So I am grateful that you spotted it.
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
nina
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

pounds vs. dollars

Post by nina »

i wanted to send $100.00 u.s dollars but don't know how to convert. any tips would be appreciated thankyou nina
Thomas
Site Admin

Wow.1

Post by Thomas »

You can always use the universal currency converter at xe.com but what you sent was more than generous.

Thank you
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté
Thomas
Site Admin

Locking this thread

Post by Thomas »

I am locking this thread because it is now a bit out of date. Thank you SO much for the generous donations that have secured pothos for nearly another two years.

The google ads are doing OK now, and if things pick up in as the holidays end, the site may well be self-supporting. If that happens (glory be!) then the money "in the bank" will be used to do something for the benefit of the site. I will NOT be using it to holiday in the South of France - any money donated for pothos will be used for pothos - whether it is beefing up the speed of response, paying for better backups/security or running a competition or something. :)

Look out for a thread on this once we have been running under the new system for a month or two and I know how the google stuff is shaping up. I go back to school tomorrow so will have less time to spend on the site - I do check mail regularly though if you need to contact me.

Cheers
Thomas
Aymez loyaulté