Google ads?

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Heraklia

Google ads?

Post by Heraklia »

(DUCKS) Yes, I know, I know. That's exactly the reaction I gave a friend when I moaned that my five history web sites, costing about $500/year, were running me into the ground and I'd have to start dropping some of them.All I can say is - for the cost of one small ad so far down the text of my Julius Caesar web site that it's almost invisible, I'm beginning to make enough income to probably cover the costs of all my web pages.So it's a small cop-out, I hope (the others are ad free).Anyway, if anyone is interested, let me know. We're seeing more and more Google ads, but they don't HAVE to be placed to make you scream.And don't be mad at the messenger ! lolHere's what they look like - down at the bottom.
http://heraklia.fws1.com
Thomas
Site Admin

Re: Google ads?

Post by Thomas »

When I started the site I never wanted to have adverts. I still want to avoid that, although I do have the amazon ones so am obviously a hypocrite.Amazon makes almost no money so I will probably take the links down.Your advert must be very subliminal since I cannot work out which one it is. The ancientworlds image?The main problem is that this site seems to have very few (in web terms) unique users (about 1000) and so click through ads are unlikely to help. Let me know how it works though, since I could always give it a go and stick something subtle at the bottom of each page.