pothos.co.uk availability

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Thomas
Site Admin

pothos.co.uk availability

Post by Thomas »

I am a bit glum because it has cost me nigh on -ú100 to get pothos.co.uk back. The domain should hopefully be appearing again in the next 48 hours.The reason for the sudden disappearence? pothos.co.uk needed renewing. I had no idea of this, noone told me so I never paid. My ISP (freeparking.co.uk who have all my contact details) did not contact me, they just detagged me! I still don't understand why they did not contact me. It costs -ú80 + VAT to retag, rather than -ú20 through the ISP.At least Brinkster are so good that they have the backup domain just in case. Without the registration in the forum I would never have been able to let the regulars know - so all that hard work was for something.Lets hope this is sorted out now, and that you all go mad on Amazon to cover my costs!:-(Thomas
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Re: pothos.co.uk availability

Post by ruthaki »

Again, thank-you, thank-you for your hard work and dilgence. This is a super site. I'd hate to lose it.
nick
Somatophylax

Post by nick »

Thanks to you, Thomas. You have no idea of the amount of joy you are giving us.Nick
dean
Hetairos (companion)

Post by dean »

Hi mate, I love this site- and am really happy it is back, all the best Dean!
carpe diem
chris
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by chris »

Good to have the site back and thankyou so much for providing it.Chris
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Thomas,Many thanks. I can imagine that was a major pain for you and I can only add to what the others say to express how much we all appreciate it.At least, with Christmas coming up, Amazon will see a flurry of activity from me so I can do my best to help you recoup your costs.Aren't ISPs the devil's own children? Damn their eyes!All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

Great thanks to You Thomas for all Your effort. It's sad how they treated You. This site is the first I open every day (even that I have a modem connection). You are wonderful.
I too will buy something. I'm thinking about buing the Video tapes: "In the footsteps of ATG"
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

Thanks for all your comments. They make me feel all warm inside and I have shown them to my wife. She understands my commitment to pothos a little better I think.CheersThomasP.S. I am pondering looking in to an anonymous "micropayment" donation system for pothos, or a "sponsor a month" scheme or something. Does that sound awful?
yiannis
Hetairos (companion)

Post by yiannis »

I also want to thank you Thomas for all your hard work and money that you invest in this site. We all appreciate it very much.
Sometimes I feel a bit guilty though(!). I mean that I take the benefit out of it and I do not contribute anything (from a financial point of view) to it.
So I'm open to any suggestions that could lift a bit of the burden from your shoulders (Amazon, advertisement or member donations) but I'm also strictly into keeping the forum open and not for "members" only.Once again "keep up the good work"!
Regards,
Yiannis
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Yiannis, I totally agree. I would be happy to participate in a scheme that helped to relieve Thomas of some of the burden.It is very important that it doesn't become a 'members only' site... but I'm sure that is far from Thomas' mind!All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
rick

Post by rick »

Maciek - excellent choice, I have the tapes and enjoy watching them.Thomas - Thanks for all your outstanding efforts. I really appreciate this site.
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

Thanks for this opinion because I had some doubts buying it. I red only comments in amazon.com. Anyway yesterday I bought it Maciek