Please log in with your current pothos.org forum username!

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Does this forum look better?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:27 am

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 13

Thomas
Site Admin

Re: Forum width

Post by Thomas »

amyntoros wrote:I guess I'll just have to get used to it.
No! Should be fixed now. Let me know. :D :?:
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

"Old eyes" and all Amyntoros?

Now, now, let's not go about destroying the image here.I have a mental picture and, whereas it may not be Angelina Jolie's Olympias, it isn't Medusa either!

Personally, whilst I agree with the old slippers bit, I find this a much better set up - functionally that is.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
karen
Hetairos (companion)

Test post

Post by karen »

I prefer the new format as I'm more used to this sort of forum, and I think the greater power of the software we will come to enjoy.

All the best,
Karen
derek
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

registration

Post by derek »

Thomas,

I'm a tiny bit confused. You say to register and then expect to receive a confirmation email etc, and also that you've copied over the list of members. I didn't want to register and find I was on the list twice, so tried logging in using my existing pothos login and password. It worked, and I've been able to update my profile from the existing list, and hopefully send this message. As far as I can see, I'm already registered.

Derek Holmes
Thomas
Site Admin

Re: registration

Post by Thomas »

derek wrote:Thomas,

I'm a tiny bit confused. You say to register and then expect to receive a confirmation email etc, and also that you've copied over the list of members. I didn't want to register and find I was on the list twice, so tried logging in using my existing pothos login and password. It worked, and I've been able to update my profile from the existing list, and hopefully send this message. As far as I can see, I'm already registered.

Derek Holmes
Yeah, my fault really. I put that first post up then realised I could register everyone automatically with their old username and password. So use the old pothos one that works. My aim is that after a year I will delete every ID that has never posted in the new forum.

Sorry for the confusion. I have edited the confusing posts. :oops:
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Post by amyntoros »

webmaster wrote:No! Should be fixed now. Let me know. :D :?:
I wrote an earlier response to this, but wanted to thank you again and then ask another question - one more relevant if it came from the moderators, but of interest to regular members as well, I believe.

What happens in this format if a post is deleted? Will all the subsequent posts automatically be deleted, or only the posts of those who have responded directly, i.e., by using quotes? Or will only the offending post itself be removed? There's been a necessity of late on the old forum for the mods to delete quite a few posts (and even whole threads), but sometimes it takes a while for the offendees to come to their attention and in the meantime members have continued with the thread. It'd be nice to know how the deletion process works over here - might save some good people from seeing their own posts sent to oblivion.

Best regards,

Amyntoros
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

amyntoros wrote:What happens in this format if a post is deleted? Will all the subsequent posts automatically be deleted, or only the posts of those who have responded directly, i.e., by using quotes? Or will only the offending post itself be removed?
It is my belief that only the offending post will be removed. Another strength of this board. I will test this by doing two test posts below this and removing the first one.
Thomas
Site Admin

This is the second test post

Post by Thomas »

If there is no message above this saying "delete me" then you can delete one message only. Which is what you would want isn't it!
amyntoros
Somatophylax

Re: This is the second test post

Post by amyntoros »

webmaster wrote:If there is no message above this saying "delete me" then you can delete one message only. Which is what you would want isn't it!
That's good news for the forum. Bit by bit I'm warming up to this new format. :)

ATB

Amyntoros