Can I remind everyone...

Please post here if you have any constructive comments, support requests or queries about pothos.org itself.

Moderator: pothos moderators

susan
Somatophylax

Can I remind everyone...

Post by susan »

The Greek / Macedonian debate is out-of-bounds on this forum, becuase it nearly always ends up in the same way. Discussing Ancient Macedonia is fine, but discussing modern Macedonia, modern Macedonians and Greeks nearly always brings in a modern political agenda, so we try to keep this forum free of it.
Thank youSusan
jona
Hetairos (companion)

Re: Can I remind everyone...

Post by jona »

As always, dear Susan, I fully agree with your words.Jona
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Can I remind everyone...

Post by marcus »

One day the message will sink in, Susan!(Enjoy Sri Lanka, by the way.)All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
jona
Hetairos (companion)

Where are my good manners?!

Post by jona »

"(Enjoy Sri Lanka, by the way.)"How could I forget? My best wishes for a safe flight too!Jona
THE LIGHT 7000

Re: Can I remind everyone...Adressing the issue...

Post by THE LIGHT 7000 »

ADRESSING THE ISSUE: MACEDONIAN GÇô GREEK DEBATE GǪ.
-problem, analyzing problem, locating the problem, solving the problem GǪ We are witnessing some personal opinions with mix of modern day politics- yes. However, this is not anymore just Macedonian-Greek debate, but is more obviously becoming Greek GÇô Greek debate! WHY!? There are persons who are somehow proud to be Vlachs, etc., honest statement, and that is the way is should be, but on the other hand they, do not want to enter ancient Macedonia debate, focusing all efforts towards now days politics, labeling Makedonians as Skopjans, Slavo-Albanians, and is defending Greekness and Greece, but in same time they are proud to be Vlachs!!? So, because Makedonians are Makedonians, and in fact never started such debate but only answering on provocations with facts and only facts, we are facing the other side of the truth i.e. real face of Greece and Greekness. More and more people are claiming they are Vlachs, Albanians, Turks etc., from Greece, and in same time some of them are fighting for Greekness more than Hellens. If this is so obvious, that means that there are no Greekness in real form, but many ethnic minorities with unique cultural identity, which they are GÇ£sellingGÇ¥ for some reason for Greekness and Greece. In other words, if there are people who are proud to be Vlachs, they are Vlachs, like Makedonians, like Turks etc., like Hellens, but they are not Greeks, i.e. they are Vlachs from Greece, and Greece and Greekness are referring only to their citizenship, but not ethnic identity! YES- in this case Greece and Greekness is mix of many, it is sublimate, it is given in the time space framework as a state- citizenship. That means Greece has created enemy within, thanks to greediness and other misery, not recognizing anyone as person with dignity and personal cultural ethnic identity, and that is crime. This decade is UN decade of cultures, and Greece is becoming UN Security Council member, ha ha ha,GǪ and the paradox is that this state is not recognizing any ethnic minorities what so ever,GǪ. Everyone deserve to be recognized and respected as such, including those from Greece, so is coming out that this is only Greek GÇô Greek debate, nothing to do with Makedonians, so from now on someone should address the issue in this manner. Yes, it is difficult but addressing the issue in right manner and direction will lead towards solving the problem, not making it bigger, and/or the problem will be more
THE LIGHT 7000

Post by THE LIGHT 7000 »

This decade is UN decade of cultures, and Greece is becoming UN Security Council member, ha ha ha,GǪ and the paradox is that this state is not recognizing any ethnic minorities what so ever,GǪ. Everyone deserve to be recognized and respected as such, including those from Greece, so is coming out that this is only Greek GÇô Greek debate, nothing to do with Makedonians, so from now on someone should address the issue in this manner. Yes, it is difficult but addressing the issue in right manner and direction will lead towards solving the problem, not making it bigger, and/or the problem will be more friendly. (Recently there was suggestion about term FYROM or similar, to be deleted, maybe will come!). People do not deserve politisation of everything, especially not their ethnic identity, no more! The Light 7000
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Of course, the more astute response would have been *not* to reply with what appears to be exactly what Susan is reminding us not to do ...
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
THE LIGHT 7000

Post by THE LIGHT 7000 »

Well, maybe you are right, it seems, at present, the easiest way, but sometimes you just can not do that... Anyway, we will try...Best regardsThe Light 7000
susan
Somatophylax

Re: Where are my good manners?!

Post by susan »

Thank you very much for your good wishes - when I return I'll write up what I've discovered of Alexander Susan