request - what we need

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

nick
Somatophylax

request - what we need

Post by nick »

Hello Companions -For the last few days Thomas has been working really hard to improve pothos.co.uk - I had the privilige to assist him every now and then.Now that the new menu is working properly, and editing has been restored, I feel we could do much to improve the basic information provided. I always think it is a pity that some very valuable contributions by e.g. Tre or Marcus only appear in the Forum - to slip away into oblivion eventually. At the same time, some articles in the menu could really use some improvement.So, here is my little wish list. Just some suggestions.Tre, how about a paragraph about "Alexander's looks"? We could also use a good analysis of the
medical causes of Alexander's death.Marcus, how about turning your knowledge about e.g. Philotas into a proper article?Also, there is nothing on the site yet about prominent figures like Parmenion, Craterus or Roxane. Anyone?In the Movies section we could use a good overview of plans for new Alexander movies in the making. I lost track of all those Di Caprio & Ledger switches... I am sure there are many here among us who have monitored the Hollywood progress. So?If anyone feels the need to write an article, submit it to me (or Thomas). I would be happy with that.Best regards -
Nick
Thomas
Site Admin

Re: request - what we need

Post by Thomas »

Or become an editor......its easy and all done through the browser.Thomas
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Nick,Good idea. There's so much good stuff on the site and there's so much that *could* be done, too!Well, I'm willing to do a Philotas piece, and I'll happily do someone else if you like, too (just give me a bit of time!).All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
HEPHAISTION

Post by HEPHAISTION »

I THINK THAT AN ARTICLE ABOUT ARISTOTELES WOULD BE INTERESTING
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

This is a great site.I just found it and I am enjoying it immensely. If you look at my website
http://www.dreamwater.org/ruthaki you will see it follows an "alexander" thread. Included (page 2) is an article previously published in the Montreal Gazette which you may be interested in. If so, please contact me. I wrote it about the time that FROM was trying to seize the Macedonian symbols, name etc. The Greek Consul here in Vancouver BC became interested in my writing and a letter i'd written to the editor of the Vancouver Sun about the conflicts. In support of my novel and travel writing, they were very helpful with research, contacts etc and in return I wrote the article.
Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas »

RuthakiI would gladly include that piece in the site - or you could write an introduction and link to it if you preferred. Let me know what you think.Thomas
maciek
Hetairos (companion)

Post by maciek »

Hi Nick and everyone!
I'm impressed by Your work on this web site and I would like to do also for it. If You of course want. I'm making a map of Al's conquest but littlebit diferent that maps on the internet (at least I've never so map like this. I would be hapy to became part of Your team.Maciek