people from london by Susa - moderated

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

nick
Somatophylax

people from london by Susa - moderated

Post by nick »

Dear Companions ---Susa recently posted a sincere attempt to wish the people of London strength in these awkward days.I decided to delete that string of messages, because it contained some answers that could not be described as the support that some people now may need. (Others, like Linda's, did. I'm sorry those disappeared as well.)However, pothos.org is indeed not a political website. Our limit of interest is the year 323 B.C. It would be wise to refrain ourselves from comments on today's news.On the other hand, there are some disasters that hit the human population of this world which deserve a comment on pothos.org --- for example because they directly influence the lives of people reading and writing on the Forum. And so pothos.org did contain condoleances on 9/11. But in december 2004 no one posted any message about the thousands of victims of the tsunami disaster.I would say that either we refrain ourselves completely from comments on current issues. Or we use pothos.org regularly to express our sympathies with those hit with terror and bad fortune --- but that should include all countries equally, be it America, London, Iraq or the tsunami stricken coasts.I very much appreciate Susa's sincere attempt to post a nice and friendly message about the London victims. I am sorry it ended this way.Regards ---Nick
nina
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: people from london by Susa - moderated

Post by nina »

i'm sorry about the people in london and all the other places in the world where terrorism is striking. however, this is a forum for ALEXANDER THE GREAT. that's how i want to keep it. i too have been terrorized while in new york on 9/11 but decided not to bring that unimaginable reality to this forum, it just doesn't fit here. my opinion of course. peace nina
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Re: A nice and friendly message about the Iraqi victims of

Post by beausefaless »

Deleted
Last edited by beausefaless on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

Was there ever so much hatred in this paret of the world even when Alexander was turning it over.Respect Andrew to the deaths you pointed out in Iraq.Whats the answer would Alexander find an answer I doubt he cout tackle fanatasism.Yet he did a very good job of sqyashing insurgents in India he robbed them of places to hide and people to help them. The Book kiuller of men. Made a very good point with this.I know its off the mark. I was having a talk with an Iraqi Arab who hatewd the Americans with a vengeance.He accused them of terrorism and robbery of there resources.Yet when I asked him if he would prefer to have Saddam back in power he refused to answer.Regards#Kenny
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

I also have a good friend who is a refugee from Iraq(from Sadaam's regime). He has famiy in Baghdad. His teen age son has been shot twice in cross-fire. (once seriously and recently superficial). He mourns what is happening to his city. He's an artist who has done performance art shows at the site of ancient Baghdad. He's a "Sumerian" he says, not Arab. He is to me an old soul who once lived in Alexander's world. His heart is breaking now but once he thought it a good idea when the invasion first happened. I can't imagine Alexander would have left such a wake of destruction in his path, nor would he have lied to invade. I wonder what he would think of all this?