Discussion on Sexual Mores of Ancient World

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

S

Discussion on Sexual Mores of Ancient World

Post by S »

Greetings,I am interested in following some serious lines of discussion on the cultural development of, and reasons for, the male/male relationship in the ancient world as well as looking at which cultures incorporated this into their society, what the boundaries were, and when, if ever, changes in the relationship were expected. I am trying to compare this to some cultures in the recent past and in the present.However, I am inviting anyone interested to bring the discussion to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alexandriaeschate/
because it is a moderated forum and tends to avoid certain problems.This is not meant to take away from Pothos, which I enjoy immensely. Several members here also post on AE and so far, there has been no problem. I am hoping for a serious discussion based in the use of sources (ie ancient texts, Zimmermann, Dover, Shepsut, Pomeroy and others-including recent articles by Pal and others- as well as comparative cultural texts, experiences and POV's. etc). Regards,
Sikander
Linda
Hetairos (companion)

Re: Discussion on Sexual Mores of Ancient World

Post by Linda »

Thanks Sikander - I'd like to learn...Linda
S

Re: Discussion on Sexual Mores of Ancient World

Post by S »

Greetings Linda,We would enjoy having you as a contributing member of the discussion group. You have a lot to offer. The discussion will take a while to create (though there is already some good information coming in) and ultimately, the goal is to have the data examined and a detailed article written that offers as much accuracy as possible.Regards,
Sikander