The kind of stuff that just makes me crazy...

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

anamarija

The kind of stuff that just makes me crazy...

Post by anamarija »

I have been going trough a lot of boards "Alexander" and it always happenes that someone who doesn't have the vaguest clue about Alexander(as a historical figure)decides to post a message about him usually with the most insulting things one could say(and very very frequently not based on real facts).The last straw was today when I checked imdb.com and it actually had a post on him "throwing children into a pit for dogs to eat for fun"!I mean give me a break!I really don't understand why people just make up such horrible things about a person(I'm still really pissed about it)...Lane
chris
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: The kind of stuff that just makes me crazy...

Post by chris »

Hi LaneThere are some bizarre sites out there, I should know, I've visited most of them. Chris
alexanders desciple

Post by alexanders desciple »

The web is absolutely full of crap and to be honest you have to search for common sense and intelligence.It is within this site the scope and range is vast and good,all we can do is stand by what we know and believe and ignore the ignoramusess.Power to our forum and keep the faith so to say.Karmas getting its fair share of idiots,racists and so called experts deriding Alexander and banging on about Naval sea power,Ajax u sure gave this guy a bone to chew on with the Granicus question.
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Yep, there sure is a lot of rubbish out there.I visited a lot of sites, and when I found this one it was the only one I bothered with. Even allowing for the odd irrelevant thread (!) it's still the best there is...All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
gahauser

Post by gahauser »

Maybe greatness brings out jealousy and anger. I don't know. But anyone who wants to understand Alexander will ultimately find out his true character.
In the meantime, stick to this forum!;)
http://www.authorga.com
gb

Post by gb »

Can you find the specific topic this was written in?PS This sounds like a story for the Internet Myths and Trivia page.
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

I suppose almost every 'famous' person (especially those in antiquity) have lots of myths told about them and you have to sort through what is the most likely and logical truths. I'm writing a play about the lyric poet Sappho and she also has many myths attached to her. It's just unfortunate, in Alexander and her cases, that there are not more of the primary sources of info in existance. (Of course some of the stories that are told are so bizarre it isn't hard to see what is logical and what is not!)