Article on Alexandria's National Museum

This moderated forum is for discussion of Alexander the Great. Inappropriate posts will be deleted without warning. Examples of inappropriate posts are:
* The Greek/Macedonian debate
* Blatant requests for pre-written assignments by lazy students - we don't mind the subtle ones ;-)
* Foul or inappropriate language

Moderator: pothos moderators

wolfiejinn

Article on Alexandria's National Museum

Post by wolfiejinn »

(whimper) Who's gonna take me on a trip? Does anyone have any other information about this? How I could have missed this, I've not the foggiest idea. And here I was enjoying Dr. Hawass's diatribe against Dr. Joan Fletcher, the woman who's convinced she cleverly found Nefertiti.http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2003/662/heritage.htmWolfie
gahauser
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: Article on Alexandria's National Museum

Post by gahauser »

Wolfie,
Having just gotten back from Cairo, I would imagine this museum is well worth the trip. The collection at the Cairo Museum was unbelievable. And Egypt is definitely something to be experienced in one's lifetime. Get there!
Cheers! http://www.authorga.com
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting.
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Thanks for that - it looks very interesting.I would be interested to know how it differs from, or enhances, the Graeco-Roman museum in Alexandria. I went there last Easter and thought it was fantastic (although I wish I had had more time to look around - I managed to miss one of the better busts of Alexander!).All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK