Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Aristotle's tomb(?)

Post by gepd »

You may have already heard this interesting story:

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2016/05 ... tle-video/
DrRoach

Re: Aristotle's tomb(?)

Post by DrRoach »

Any info from actual professional/academic sources? The case as put by the lowest common denominator... I mean, "media", seems to consist of high status tombs + pottery and coins of about the right date + a few unspecified ye-anciente-writen sources.
gepd

Post by gepd »

The author said he has submitted a series of papers on the subject (he said volumes) that we should see published soon, I hope. The finding was already reported in 1996 in a publication, but its association with Aristotle is new. I will look for the reference
delos13

Post by delos13 »

Hopefully, the association with Aristotle is more than 2016 being declared the year of Aristotle due to 2400 anniversary of his birth. Coinsidently, one day before this article in Greek reporter, i was in Mieza. :) There was a lecture in Mieza's ancient theatre for archeologists/historians that came from many different countries for anniversary celebration (or so i was told by person in Mieza mini museum). They knew nothing about Aristotle's grave. One would think it was a proper platform to announce such a conclusion but, who knows.....
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Post by Alexias »

How's your trip going, Delos? Glad you made it as far afield as Mieza. I thought you were going to spend too long in Delphi to see other places.
delos13

Post by delos13 »

I came back home yesterday. It was an absolutely fantastic trip. I actually stayed 3 full days in Macedonia (Naoussa). I day I spent in Mieza and visited some nearby tombs, another day in Pella and another day in Vergina. I cam back with a lot of impressions and photos. Now I have to work on my trip report.