The Parmenio conundrum.

Discuss Alexander's generals, wives, lovers, family and enemies

Moderator: pothos moderators

kennyxx
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: The Parmenio conundrum Part 3.

Post by kennyxx »

Hi Atha and MichaelI really agree Michael and it also demonstrates the clever mind of Alexander. I would say by the time of the Beas Alexander himself was ready to call it a halt. His intelligence must have made him aware of just how much terrain and land there was ahead of him. Even Alexander must by now have got a little fedup with the tough harrsh weather and terrain. Or he wasnt human.To me the Mutiny gave him the excuse to turn back without it looking like he had turned back.Also I believe he turned back and took the route he did to solidify his Borders. He didnt go back the way he came nor did he stop His conquests at the Beas He carried on down the river still conquering. He was fighting just as hard as he always had.I think sometimes people still underestimate Alexanders cleverness and devious and the way he manipulated every situation. As I said the guy was an all round genius. Which often gets over looked.Kenny
kennyxx

Re: The Parmenio conundrum Part 3.

Post by kennyxx »

Hi Atha and MichaelI really agree Michael and it also demonstrates the clever mind of Alexander. I would say by the time of the Beas Alexander himself was ready to call it a halt. His intelligence must have made him aware of just how much terrain and land there was ahead of him. Even Alexander must by now have got a little fedup with the tough harrsh weather and terrain. Or he wasnt human.To me the Mutiny gave him the excuse to turn back without it looking like he had turned back.Also I believe he turned back and took the route he did to solidify his Borders. He didnt go back the way he came nor did he stop His conquests at the Beas He carried on down the river still conquering. He was fighting just as hard as he always had.I think sometimes people still underestimate Alexanders cleverness and devious and the way he manipulated every situation. As I said the guy was an all round genius. Which often gets over looked.Kenny
jan
Strategos (general)

Re: The Parmenio conundrum.

Post by jan »

More on broken drums, how is it that you believe Alexander a Genius?, Kenny? I just watched a funny hockey game in which the final kicker is a shock to me. This is a video tape about a hockey game in which a most unusual and unique score was made against the Phoenix Coyotes, and the last word really got to me as I sat listening to it. They said Alexander the Great which naturally woke me up! Is that what you mean by genius?
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

More on broken drums, how is it that you believe Alexander a Genius?, Kenny? I just watched a funny hockey game in which the final kicker is a shock to me. This is a video tape about a hockey game in which a most unusual and unique score was made against the Phoenix Coyotes, and the last word really got to me as I sat listening to it. They said Alexander the Great which naturally woke me up! Is that what you mean by genius?
kennyxx

Post by kennyxx »

Genius?Jan how does any one specify Genius its a word that so often get associated with Alexanders Military skills. But for me he was an all round genius.Whatever genius is and how its difined its a measure thats really too hard to catagorise. ITs not normal its superhuman. Where a person can do something so natural and easy where another would trainfor hears but still be not as good. Its natural ability. Where does it come from is it intelligence or divive?
But in life Alexander was a 12 cylinder thousand bhp super car with performance and reliability unequaled. And it has to be a superior force far beryond our understanding creates these beings.They are stars in the sky that shine out amongst the rest.Kenny
kennyxx

Post by kennyxx »

Genius?Jan how does any one specify Genius its a word that so often get associated with Alexanders Military skills. But for me he was an all round genius.Whatever genius is and how its difined its a measure thats really too hard to catagorise. ITs not normal its superhuman. Where a person can do something so natural and easy where another would trainfor hears but still be not as good. Its natural ability. Where does it come from is it intelligence or divive?
But in life Alexander was a 12 cylinder thousand bhp super car with performance and reliability unequaled. And it has to be a superior force far beryond our understanding creates these beings.They are stars in the sky that shine out amongst the rest.Kenny