New article - Harpalus

Discuss Alexander's generals, wives, lovers, family and enemies

Moderator: pothos moderators

marcus
Somatophylax

New article - Harpalus

Post by marcus »

Hi folks,I've added a piece on Harpalus to the "Main Characters" section.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
jan
Strategos (general)

Re: New article - Harpalus

Post by jan »

Thanks, Marcus.
nickw

Post by nickw »

Hi Marcus ---Today I created a new section, minor characters, so that our main character page doesn't overflow. I appreciate discussions about who's main and who's minor. Thanks for all your input. I hope this change doesn't influence your amazing production of well researched new articles. Incredible.P.S. And I am thinking about removing some pothos articles that are now really past their prime. Any suggestions?Regards ---Nick
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Hi Nick,My pleasure - it's fun to do!I agree about having a separate section. I was very aware that some I was writing about were hardly 'major' (Thalestris, for example). Deciding who goes where could be difficult ... but I'm sure we can work it out.All the bestMarcus
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
beausefaless
Hetairos (companion)

Post by beausefaless »

Deleted
Last edited by beausefaless on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Hi Andrew,Yep, Harpalus was left on his own with too much power and too much money to play around with ... a bit like the ill-deserving lottery winners nowadays!Whether he ate stool or not ... lovely though the expression is, I don't think the sources mention any enforced diet before he was done away with. :-)All the bestMarcus
Marcus
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
kenny
Hetairos (companion)

Post by kenny »

Harpalu Tip of The IcebergHail Andrew as you said one of many. And when our guy came back he puit as many as he found to the sword. Its many time been said and hes been vilified for these purges as we all know.The stories he was meglamanic, Losing his mind, High on booze, These guys were executed for high treason as Andrew states.Harpaluis was excused once and still did it again maybe Alexander learned by excusing Harpalus the once and then He did it again that he wouldnt excuse them again.Then the worse people were the Demostheneses taking handouts and bribes throughout Alexanders life even running away with Harpalus loot.Its obvious that out of sight and out of mind.Whlist the cat was away these mice would play.Only the cat came back. The cat wasnt back for long until the mice poisoned him.The whole situation and feelings at that time make it absolutely obvious Alexander was murdered.Its as clear as dayKenny