Fiction Reviews Needed

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

sikander
Somatophylax

Fiction Reviews Needed

Post by sikander »

Greetings,

We are all familiar with the Renault trilogy, Manfredi trilogy, And Zimmerman's duet (a third coming in the future?) but here are some other fictions that may not have been read or known by Pothos members. There is probably something for every taste and preference somewhere in this list:
A Choice of Destinies by Melissa Scott a sci-fi what if?
Trampling in the Land of Woe by William Galaini Hephaestion in hell (similar these to Kings in Hell, but with Alexander and a different plot and characters) (reviewed on Pothos)
Lion of Macedon by Sigrid Simms (I know this was reviewed on Pothos)
Memories of Hephaestion by AR Valeson

A book I am interested in, and wonder who had read, is The Young Alexander by Alex Rowson. I think it's non-fiction, but haven't seen it. Anyone?

Regards,
Sikander
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Re: Fiction Reviews Needed

Post by Alexias »

A book I am interested in, and wonder who had read, is The Young Alexander by Alex Rowson. I think it's non-fiction, but haven't seen it. Anyone?
Hi, we had a discussion on this here https://pothos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6904. Well worth a read.

I'll get back to you on your other points later.
sikander
Somatophylax

Post by sikander »

Greetings

Thanks for the link to the Rowson discussion. Sounds a good one

Regards,
Sikander
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Post by Alexias »

Memories of Hephaestion by AR Valeson
I gave the AR Valeson one a miss
https://pothos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6870

I haven't read the Sigrid Simms one yet, although hiphys recommended it. It is very long - 900 pages - and hugely expensive.

The William Galaini one is an excellent read, though nothing really to do with the historical Alexander and Hephaestion.