Volume 2 SHADOW OF THE LION: THE FIELDS OF HADES

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Volume 2 SHADOW OF THE LION: THE FIELDS OF HADES

Post by ruthaki »

The second volume of my novel about the fall of Alexander the Great's dynasty is now available on amazon.com and the Book Depository.
Volume one ;SHADOW OF THE LION; BLOOD ON THE MOON starts with Alexander's death and the journey of the twojoint kings to Macedon from Babylon. Volume two : SHADOW OF THE LION: THE FIELDS OF HADES continues the story with the wars between the Successors and the women to gain control of the throne with tragic consequences. Both books have recelved excellent reviews and readings have been conducted at the Athens Centre, Canadian Institute and American Community School in Athens as well as various locations in Vancouver Canada.
derek
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Re: Volume 2 SHADOW OF THE LION: THE FIELDS OF HADES

Post by derek »

Hello Ruthaki,

You haven't posted for a while. It seems like the new layout is attracting people back. Good luck with the book.

Derek
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

I have been so busy getting these books launched with various trips to Greece for readings ect. They are both up on Amazon but it's endless promotion so I'm doing lots of readings and worksops. Reviews are great and Scott Oden wrote the amazing intro to FIELDS OF HADES. Working on a new novel now, first person Celtic tale that introduces Alexander as a youth. DRAGONS IN THE SKY.
Jeanne Reames
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by Jeanne Reames »

Yay, Ruth!
----
Dr. Jeanne Reames
Director, Ancient Mediterranean Studies
Graduate Studies Chair
University of Nebraska, Omaha
287 ASH; 6001 Dodge Street
Omaha NE 68182
http://jeannereames.net/cv.html
ruthakik

Post by ruthakik »

Well it's been a busy time of promotions for both volumes of SHADOW OF THE LION (since BLOOD ON THE MOON was published in 2014 and THE FIELDS OF HADES in 2016. ) Besides book readings and events here at home (in Vancouver, Canada) I have visited Greece almost yearly ad done readings at the Canadian Institute, Athens Centre and for Grade 9 classes at the American Community School. I won't be able to go back to Greece until next Spring or later, but meanwhile I have readings lined up here in 'Vancouver and over on Vancouver Island. The other news is, I am preparing the full manuscript for a Kindle ebook. My publisher allowed me the ebook rights so I am just about ready to launch it and will let you know when I do. Meanwhile, both books are available on Amazon.com or from the Book Depository (which doesn't charge for shipping).