My Historical Novel: A Soldier's Duty

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

lysis56
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

My Historical Novel: A Soldier's Duty

Post by lysis56 »

Since so many folks pimp their novels in this forum site I figured I'd do the same. After a very long, unexpected journey the book is coming together and some of you pothos , Alexander's Army, Alexander fans, et al. folks already know I am posting "teaser" chapters of my historical novel: A Soldier's Duty on my lIvejournal account: Lysis56.livejournal.com. This is not the story I was posting on Fanfiction, which I am planning to continue once my life calms down. (I can't write serious stuff all the time, I'd go nuts.) I will post five more chapters of the novel on my Livejournal site to wet readers' appetites.

Below is the description of my novel:

This is the story of a man who seems all but forgotten to history. Relegated to the land of myth and fable, possibly on purpose by some of Alexander's greatest chroniclers, Alexander's great Chilliarch and second self, Hephaistion son of Amyantor, is reborn with this telling. In his thirty-four years, he rose in rank to be second in command of Alexander's empire. Raised together from boyhood, educated by Aristotle they studied war, campaign, and conquest at the feet of the greatest military leader of their day, Alexander's father, Philip II of Macedon. As Alexander's power and prowess grew, his emotional dependence upon Hephaistion became ever more apparent. Honored and mistaken as Alexander himself, by the Persian Queen Mother, Hephaistion appointed kings, saved cities from ruin through brilliant diplomatic maneuvering, and carried on a lasting correspondence with Aristotle, which may have been the basis for some of Aristotle's greatest work. Unfortunately, these great skills were not so welcome among Alexander's other ruthless, exceptional generals. Called upon time and again to prove a worth that Alexander recognized and honored so clearly, Hephaistion fought against his own fellows for an acceptance that seemed destined to be forever withheld.
(This is a copyrighted work.)

Lysis
hiphys

Re: My Historical Novel: A Soldier's Duty

Post by hiphys »

Your novel seems very interesting! May you tell us when it will be published and who is the publishing house?
lysis56

Re: My Historical Novel: A Soldier's Duty

Post by lysis56 »

Hi Hiphys,

I don't have an agent as of yet. Am still looking, some things like my writing have had to take a back-seat lately to real life. I'm getting there though, and will let you know. Many thanks.

Lysis