My novel "Shadow of the Lion"

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

sikander
Somatophylax

Re: My novel "Shadow of the Lion"

Post by sikander »

Greetings Ruthaki,

Please keep us updated on your book; there have been good suggestions on how to publish outside of print, and I know some writers are finding success that way. Though many of us prefer print, we also recognize it *is* perceived as a dying form (which is tragic).
I look forward to seeing the book; the research you put into it appreciated. And if you 8do* decide to self-publish, I suspect many here will help spread the word.
The best of luck to you!

Regards,
Sikander
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

Thanks so much for your support in this respect. I decided to give it a shot through traditional publishers first because it was such an intense piece of work and I feel it is literary fiction for the amount of work I put into it. But if all else fails after a certain amount of time I will definitely go the self-pub. route. I've already done tons of research into the best places and all the marketing etc so I'm prepared to do that if and when the time comes.
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

My novel SHADOW OF THE LION has been accepted for publication by a UK publisher. Aiming for summer 2014 for the finished product. I'll keep you all informed.
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

ruthaki wrote:My novel SHADOW OF THE LION has been accepted for publication by a UK publisher. Aiming for summer 2014 for the finished product. I'll keep you all informed.
That's excellent news, Ruth. Congratulations. (I saw a note from Scott to that effect, but as I was on holiday I didn't have a chance to contact you before.)

Which publisher, if I might ask?
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

Hi Marcus, It's Medias Arias Publishers. I'm waiting for the contract and they are aiming for a publication for summe 2014.
Alexias
Strategos (general)

Post by Alexias »

ruthaki wrote:My novel SHADOW OF THE LION has been accepted for publication by a UK publisher. Aiming for summer 2014 for the finished product. I'll keep you all informed.
Congratulations!
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

ruthaki wrote:Hi Marcus, It's Medias Arias Publishers. I'm waiting for the contract and they are aiming for a publication for summe 2014.
I don't know them, Ruth, but will have a look. Congrats, again.
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
derek
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by derek »

Ruth,

That’s good news on the book. I hope it all goes smoothly and is a great success.

Best wishes,
Derek
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

I just wanted to tell everyone that I have signed a book contract for my novel SHADOW OF THE LION with a UK publisher. They suggested they'll do it in two parts rather than cut anything important from the narrative and destroy the plot and character development. Aiming for August 2014 for the first publication. I'll keep everyone posted.
ruthaki
Strategos (general)

Post by ruthaki »

Here's what arrived yesterday:

We are pleased to inform you that your details on our website is now live and Author's Page is now published. To visit your Author's Page, click: http://www.mediaaria-cdm.com/w-ruth-kozak/. We highly encourage you to direct friends and followers etc to this as well as your personal website.

We are also pleased to inform you that the Press Release for the publication of SHADOW OF THE LION is also live. See link: https://www.prbuzz.com/books-publishing ... -lion.html

I am very pleased and surprised they are promoting the novel right away. I'll be working with their editors soon to fine-tune. Still not sure if they are dividing it in two. Will keep you posted.