Article by Minor Markle

Recommend, or otherwise, books on Alexander (fiction or non-fiction). Promote your novel here!

Moderator: pothos moderators

rocktupac
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Article by Minor Markle

Post by rocktupac »

Does anyone have an electronic copy of either of these articles?

-Minor M. Markle, 'The Macedonian Sarissa, Spear, and Related Armor', American Journal of Archaeology, (1977) Vol. 81 No. 3, pp. 323-339.

-Minor M. Markle, 'Use of the Sarissa by Philip and Alexander of Macedon', American Journal of Archaeology, (1978) Vol. 82 No. 4, pp. 483-497.

If you do, could you please send them to me in an email or another way? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
-Scott B.
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Article by Minor Markle

Post by marcus »

rocktupac wrote:Does anyone have an electronic copy of either of these articles?

-Minor M. Markle, 'The Macedonian Sarissa, Spear, and Related Armor', American Journal of Archaeology, (1977) Vol. 81 No. 3, pp. 323-339.

-Minor M. Markle, 'Use of the Sarissa by Philip and Alexander of Macedon', American Journal of Archaeology, (1978) Vol. 82 No. 4, pp. 483-497.
I have them both, but they are very large - the first is 4MB and the second around 2.5MB. If your email can accept attachments that big, PM me your email address and I'll pop them over to you.

ATB
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

In the words of Yoda: "There is another...."

Send me your email and I'll forward you "The Shield Monument at Veroia" wherein the apostle of the Macedonian aspis recants his position on the Tomb of Lyson and Kallikles.

There may be one or two others I have that might interst you Scott.

Michael.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
Xenophon
Hetairos (companion)

Post by Xenophon »

.....beware, Scott! Minor Markle is good at presenting evidence and his articles are useful for that, but his opinions are badly flawed ( in my opinion, and of others) and his conclusions often demonstrably inaccurate.......

Paul Mac
Paralus
Chiliarch

Post by Paralus »

Indeed Old Man, indeed.

They should be read though. I'll send them on the weekend - after I get through the Cox Plate.

I owe you a few too Paul: my hard drive was destroyed for some weeks but a marvellous job by a "geek" mate has restored about 95% of it. Most (if not all) my stuff survived - in a fashion. I'll get to you too!
Last edited by Paralus on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paralus
Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους;
Wicked men, you sin against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander.

Academia.edu
rocktupac
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Post by rocktupac »

Xenophon wrote:.....beware, Scott! Minor Markle is good at presenting evidence and his articles are useful for that, but his opinions are badly flawed ( in my opinion, and of others) and his conclusions often demonstrably inaccurate.......

Paul Mac
Oh I know, from the beginning I disagreed with many of his conclusions. But like Paralus says, I should read them...

Thanks again!
-Scott B.
Duptar

Post by Duptar »

Hi marcus,

Do you still happen to have a copy of that Minor Markle article on the sarissa with you? You can email it to me: [removed by moderator] Thanks,

Matt