Anyone want to be an extra in 'Troy' ?

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

susan
Somatophylax

Anyone want to be an extra in 'Troy' ?

Post by susan »

They need Mediterranean-looking extras for Brad Pitt's 'Troy', filming in London in the spring. Beards and long hair are preferable.
195.157.100.32/jobs/detail.php?jobs_insert_no=08518579 Susan
marcus
Somatophylax

Re: Anyone want to be an extra in 'Troy' ?

Post by marcus »

So a short haired, blond, clean-shaven (when I can be bothered), Anglo-Saxon type isn't needed?Oh well, that rules me out, then!
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK
susa

Post by susa »

Mediterranean looks?! Black curly hair, fair complexion? Portuguese accent?Oops, i think i will apply! :) :)Ummm.... Are girls needed?Maybe Briseis?Or Pentesileia, the Amazon?
:) :)
Or is it a *boys* film? Must be.Eeek.
Thalestris-Alexandros

Post by Thalestris-Alexandros »

Marcus! Marcus! Your looks are better for Alexander! Where were you when DiCaprio (frown) and Farell (yuk-duh) were offered the part? Well, since the Alexander role is out, perhaps you could try for Idomeneus or Iolaos? !I, well, standing at 5'10 and bearing long dark hair I will play Achilles' Penthesilea!!! Come on, Brad Pitt, I dare you to battle me!! But I am across the Atlantic, south of Maine, so I won't make it to casting try-outs --- DARN!!Cheers!Thalestris, ATG's Amazon Queen
clementina

Post by clementina »

now, now ! don't you dare go be an extra in movies, hmm ?!
susa

Post by susa »

Why not? I'm short of cash, and besides i will be able to be close enough to that very handsome guy called Brad Pitt. Is there any lady in the whole world [or at least in this forum] who would not wish to be sooo close to Brad? And Brad being dressed like Achilles?That's simply fantastic, nope?:)susa
jan
Strategos (general)

Post by jan »

Thanks, Susan, I bought Adele's book Troy yesterday. On MSNBC, I heard the movie critic mention that this filming may be in trouble too if the war goes on as planned. Interesting, no?
susa

Post by susa »

I'd rather: 'I heard the movie critic mention that this *war* may be in trouble too if the *filming* goes on as planned.'The Poet woulda been too proud of his Poem.
Susa
marcus
Somatophylax

Post by marcus »

Well, until I had my hair cut last week I was sporting a somewhat leonine head of hair, which I fancied gave me a bit of an Alexander look.I'm also not particularly tall, which makes me an ideal candidate! (and I'm a much better actor than Leonardo, too :-))I probably need a few more visits to the gym, though, before I can really put myself forward!All the bestMarcus
Marcus
Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago
At Amazon US
At Amazon UK