Do you know this game?

This is a forum for off topic discussions, including testing if you are unsure how to post.

Moderator: pothos moderators

Alita
Pezhetairos (foot soldier)

Do you know this game?

Post by Alita »

It's called The Person Below/After Me. The way it works is you post a statement (to do with the topic of course) about the person after you and they post back saying whether it is true or false and then posting one of their own about the person after them.

For example, I might post: "The person under me has read Anabasis of Alexander at least twice." The next person to post would then say if that statement is true or false about themselves!

Sound like fun?

Well, if you'd like to play, feel free! Here we go, I'll start:

The person after me has been to Pella in northern Greece.
First, be human.
aleksandros

Post by aleksandros »

so true.......

the person after me took part in alexander's campaign at least once in his dreams.
ΤΩ ΚΡΑΤΕΡΩ
Phoebus

Post by Phoebus »

True enough. If for no other reason than the hope of speaking with the man, and learning what lay at his core.

More than once, trudging on these hills and mountains, I had to wonder just what kind of battle tactics Alexander and his men used.

The person after me can read the extant sources in one of their original languages.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

True:) I can read ancient Greek and some Latin as well:) Used Curtius Latin text in my essay about year ago...

The person after me has argued in real life with at least one of the most famous scholars about some episode in Alexanders life.
Alita

Post by Alita »

Very unfortunately false. (Sorry!) Unless some famous scholar is on the net using a handle and I've argued with them without knowing it...

The person after me has seen at least 3 Alexander sculptures in real life.
First, be human.